Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

BabyJogger Versa, Uppababy Vista or (maybe BGB Chameleon?)

(63 Posts)
Laquila Sat 04-May-13 21:19:33

Hi all,

After an exhausting and confusing day trying out every single bloody pushchair/pram/travel system in John Lewis and Mamas & Papas, I think we've narrowed it down to the following:

BabyJogger Versa
Uppababy Vista
Bugaboo Chameleon

We have a small car so boot space is an issue. We need something relatively rugged/sturdy, with foam wheels, for country walks (and heavy-handed husband).

Having said that we have to drive everywhere so will be taking it in and out of the car a LOT. We also wanted something that could be forward and rear facing, with a carrycot suitable for overnight sleeping (so we can use it as a Moses basket for the first few months if need be).

Does anyone have any comments/advice on the above three options? Or any suggestions for anything we might have missed?

Thanks very much in advance

chocolatemartini Sun 12-May-13 21:16:05

Neobulle mei tai looks lush! I want! envy

simplynails Sun 12-May-13 21:16:36

Laquila, thanks for your reply. I would like to be able to go for walks in the park, anywhere without a pavement really. I currently am not able to go anywhere apart from shops etc with my oyster, it's rubbish. Went on a buggy walk and got stuck in a bit of mud and poor DD was shaken all over the place. Even the pavements from my house are awful and really take their toll on my current pushchair. Just don't know if I'd prefer bouncier all round suspension to just front with the addition of gt tyres. Anything has got to be an improvement on what we've got I suppose.

Laquila Sun 12-May-13 21:42:29

I actually like parties!...<feels like a weirdo>...

simplynails all I can really suggest is that you beg somewhere local that already stocks Baby Joggers to get both in so you can have a play! Tell them there's a revolution coming and Versas are the future. Are you near a John Lewis? They tend to have the normal one. As excited as I am about my GT, I don't know if I can whole-heartedly urge you to get one without you having tried one - it's just such a personal matter-of-preference thing!

UpTheFRIGGinDuff what is this GT wheels plus suspension sorcery?? How've you managed that?!

parties that Neobulle sling is beautiful but crikey, it costs more than my car seat! I can imagine it would quickly become absolutely essential though, if you got on well with it. chocolate I shall give those links a go, thank you.

<braces self for the sling research madness that is clearly going to descend>

<braces poor husband too>

Ihateparties Sun 12-May-13 21:56:37

My excuse with the sling is a - I sold some stuff and b - apart from a select 2 or 3 slings it's first mei tai I actually bought, previously I made my own. Actually, I might consider making myself up a vague copy of it out of a woven then selling it again <schemes grin>

simplynails I found the Oyster impossibly hard too. Hmmm, what you describe is a good part of the reason I don't have a versa, the bouncy gt versa frigg has is ideal in my mind for the sort of rough urban use you describe. The normal with eva wheels and the gt with no rear suspension - neither are ideal for me so even though personally I think the Versa is the best full featured pushchair you can currently buy it really isn't quite right for me. I currently have a bjcmgt and tbh although it's really excellent it's still a harder ride than would be my ideal (my pre 2010 mb swift was bouncier and cushier for example).

I have a lovely Brio Smile that isn't quite right for me either, which is an Uppababy Vista relative with 4 air tyres and a different seat that I MUST put on the selling page <wanders off to do just that>

simplynails Sun 12-May-13 23:34:52

Ihateparties, have you found a pushchair for our similar needs?

And how has Frigg got this?! :'(

Tiggywunkle Mon 13-May-13 01:42:41

I had a Unicorn too - once - but it was too bouncy for me. I thought I would love it, but I didn't. I preferred the slightly harder suspension of the GT in the end which very much surprised me.

LOL at the hating parties discussion!!

chocolatemartini Mon 13-May-13 07:36:44

Ihateparties let me know if you sell the mei tai. What colour did you get?

RooneyMara Mon 13-May-13 07:47:11

Ooh tell us about the unicorns! Pleeeease!

Ihateparties Mon 13-May-13 12:58:35

nails I haven't but tiggy will confirm that I am being very picky. It's narrow I have the problem with, nothing is as small as I want it to be. There are plenty of larger pushchairs that are suitable for what you need, as in wider and longer than the oyster. Have you tried the air tyres?

martini i got anthracite/grey.. figured it would be the least grubby!

chocolatemartini Mon 13-May-13 15:47:44

Anthracite looks lovely. I'm v tempted but have spent all my money on pushchairs!

Tiggywunkle Tue 14-May-13 22:55:37

Yes she's very picky! We are fairly opposite in our tastes too (strangely we met because we both had an unusual pushchair) but other than that, we are an interesting combination! Wide doesnt bother me as long as it goes through a standard door. Parties is obsessed with everything being narrow!!

Unicorns - you dont want to know smile

npriya Fri 12-Jul-13 14:31:10

I love my Uppababy. It's the best pram - sturdy, versatile, forward and parent-facing, easy to use and so on...

Popps2905 Sat 13-Jul-13 14:01:32

hi everyone, just stumbled across this...have you tried the iCandy peach jogger or peach range. my sister has the peach jogger and i have a peach blossom and we both have small cars. she has the KA which it fits both the peach jogger and peach blossom quite easily. we swapped pushchairs for a couple of weeks and loved how smooth the jogger was when we went for country walks and even took it on a trip to the seaside. The peach fairs exactly the same. Both lightweight, easy to fold, great for use in and out of the city, as well as husband friendly smile

Might be worth considering if you're looking for all those things as this would be ideal! Can't wait to see what you decide xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now