Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

icandy apple?

(10 Posts)
Muggle1978 Mon 29-Apr-13 16:05:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MiaowTheCat Sat 27-Apr-13 07:12:14

Actually don't snap it up - send it to me so I can double it!

For what it's worth £80 is what I sold my old but immaculate Cherry for - and that's a much more rough and ready model (and didn't have a cosy toes with it).

Loved mine. Only just sold it for £250 and it was 5 years old so snap it up.

FadBook Sat 27-Apr-13 06:42:33

Agree with Memphis, the cosy toes alone is £72 brand new.

If you walk a lot, definitely get it.

pinkpudding Fri 26-Apr-13 22:50:13

I've been using my i candy apple every day for 4 years (2 children) and it is an absolute work horse. i load it up with the shopping in the huge basket and hang scooter off the handle. it is bomb proof. dd sleeps out in it for 2 hours every day. i was so disappointed that i didn't manage to wreak it with ds so couldn't get a new pram for dd. after 4.5 years of hard work its getting a bit of a sway that can't be tightened as its all rivets. nothing too bad though

memphis83 Fri 26-Apr-13 22:49:04

Sounds a bargain, The cosy toes were £72 when I bought ours!

frazzled74 Fri 26-Apr-13 22:47:02

will snap it up then, its in good condition with cosy toes and raincover. I dont drive and do a lot of walking, ive been looking for a rear facing pushchair for a while .

FadBook Fri 26-Apr-13 22:35:29

Bloody hell - £80? Snap it up!

I have one and paid £535 brand new! I like it as DD still faces me (it can face outwards but I like to see her). It's easy to push around with one hand and has a large shopping basket space at the bottom. It's good on rough paths, so for walking through the woods, round the lake etc. It also has a good recline practically lying down so when DD wants to go to sleep whilst I'm shopping it is actually quite comfortable in there for her I think (well she sleeps for a good hour!)

Downsides:
it is big, we've got an estate Audi and it doesn't leave much room spare (well my weekly shop just about fits in on top of it!). The A3 Audi we had previously left no space at all.

it is heavy to push sometimes and heavy / big to store. It feels it anyway to me, especially now dd is getting bigger (20 months old). It tends to live in my boot.

the extras are expensive but I got the cosy toes thingy on ebay for a fraction of the price.

memphis83 Fri 26-Apr-13 22:27:24

I have one and love it. They are quite heavy but I did a lot of walking where we lived before.ds is nearly 3 and still looks comfy in it.
£80 is a great price if its in good condition. Replacement parts can be expensive. My friend just bought the travel system apple secondhand for £350!

frazzled74 Fri 26-Apr-13 22:23:35

does anyone have one? how do you find it. Ive been offered one for £80, is this a good price?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now