Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Can I replace the inflatable tyres on the Phil & Teds with a hard wheel?

(6 Posts)
ariane5 Sun 28-Apr-13 22:03:28

Would the new wheels fit an old model (I have a v2 sport)? Can u buy the wheels on their own?

Really hope so. I have a p+t just sat there, no rear wheels on as dh tried to fix them and failed and its such a waste of an otherwise perfect pushchair!!!

noisytoys Sun 28-Apr-13 21:31:41

The centipede don't fit. I bought them and sent them back. Phil and Teds have brought out a new range of doubles with proper wheels

ariane5 Sun 28-Apr-13 21:27:01

I have virtually given up with my p+t due to constant punctures.

Its a shame as apart from that it is the perfect pushchair for us but the tyres are constantly going down. If I could replace them with hard tyres I would as I worry every time I go out will I end up stranded with a buggy I can't push home!

YoniBraxton Wed 24-Apr-13 12:17:53

Try slime, it seals punctures so the tyres don't deflate. I walk alingside a hedgerow every day with my Phil and teds and the tyres are fine.

I hear you, oh boy, do I hear you..

Slime didn't really work for me. There were some "anti puncture" tyres I got on Amazon that helped a little but not really enough.

I've also wondered about the centipede stuff too, although I'm actually considering another pushchair!

Crocodilio Wed 24-Apr-13 11:31:12

I'm so fed up of punctures, I seem to get them constantly. The hedge cutting has finished now thankfully but I'm still getting flats.

Has anyone used those Centipede inners, or found a hard wheel that fits, or got any other solution for me?

I'm about to go back to the Maclaren side by side if all else fails, but hate that too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now