Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Shade solutions for pushchairs (Quinny Buzz & iCandy Palm??)

(8 Posts)
bonzo77 Mon 06-May-13 19:51:27

Oh god that shade a babe thing. It worked so well but was a major PITA.

Aethelfleda Sun 05-May-13 22:37:26

We have a SnoozeShade: £20 and fits pretty much any single buggy. They do a doubles version as well I think. Holds on with velcro.
Knocks the socks off my previous bulky sack thing Shade-a-babe.

bonzo77 Sun 05-May-13 22:33:49

I just stretch a fitted cot sheet over the hood of my buggy then down over the seat. Elasticated bits hold it on perfectly. Though I can't see the baby and he can't see me, he's mostly asleep anyway.

Tiggywunkle Sun 05-May-13 22:28:25

Ha ha re the Zippy special edition!! I love that Miaow!!

Jojo maman bebe do something very similar to the iCandy palm shade but much cheaper

peanutMD Sun 21-Apr-13 12:49:56

shade maker

Don't know if this would be any good but cheaper than the palm.

MiaowTheCat Sun 21-Apr-13 10:06:39

I have a Britax buggy so the hoods have a split in them you can unzip for a mesh panel and to extend the hoods (I still think they need to do a limited edition one of this made to look like Zippy from Rainbow - I'd soooooo buy it). Prior to that I just used a parasol on my iCandy - which was annoying.

Cupcake83 Sun 21-Apr-13 09:52:53

As we have had a few sunny days recently I am starting to realise that I may need a better shade solution for my Quinny Buzz.

I bought a parasol to go with it and used it for the first time yesterday. It was ok and provided some good shade, however I found myself faffing with it a lot - but only because I wanted to see baby. Then a bit later on she managed to pull it off!

So, my question to all is what shade solutions do you have for your pushchairs? I am very tempted by the iCandy palm as it has a large hood plus an insect net part to it, but at £35 is expensive.

I have also looked at the Rayshade with is only £14. The reviews on this are that it blows around a bit in the wind and can only really be used when the pushchair is forward facing.

If anyone else has any suggestions please chip in!

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now