Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

OK 'fess up - how many have you been through?

(72 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Thu 18-Apr-13 09:38:30

Interested to see how bad I am in comparison - how many pushchairs have you been through?

I've had -

A horrible Hauck I hated (fobbed it off onto grandparents)
iCandy Cherry - I loved it... it was red - I'm easily pleased. Bought it second hand and sold it on for just a tenner or so less than I paid for it -but I miss its lovely big snuggly cuddleable basket...
Cheapo Koochi umbrella fold with one asbo wheel - wrecked it using it to lean on when I couldn't use crutches for my SPD carrying baby number 2 (shoved in shed for the miracle day DD1 decides to become a walker).

Currently have -
B-dual - it's red so I like it - although the big wheels are irritating me a bit... ongoing theme here?
Cosatto double that gets left in the car that I got cheap off Gumtree... it's pink which I hate, it's got one of the twee slogans on which I hate (sugar and spice - had to look for ages for one suitable for two girls to come up) but it pushes OK and fits in the rear seat footwells easily enough plus is lie-flat (we can't always have a pushchair in the boot of our car with having two dogs to transport - so this gets abused for dog walking days out)

Plus there's a M+P double umbrella fold that does lie-flat at my mum's house to save us taking a buggy up there with us.

Hubby thinks this is excessive - moi?!

Rhubarb78 Thu 18-Apr-13 10:03:03

I have a graco symbio b that I actually really like, it pushes nice and ds has always been very comfy in it. A silver cross zest which is ok but a squash in my tiny car boot so I got a maxi cosi noa instead, which I love. I also have a phil and teds dot on order for ds and baby number 2 (due in July) not too excited about the dot but it was the only tandem to fit in my car. I don't think that's too bad but then ds is only 13 months old and with a dd on the way I am not done yet smile

Rhubarb78 Thu 18-Apr-13 10:06:15

I might add that when pg I did naively think that the graco would do from birth to 3! Ha ha

Panzee Thu 18-Apr-13 10:12:28

I have a 3 year old and an 8 week old.
I have a Mamas and Papas Pliko Switch that I have used with both children. I thought that it was heavy and cumbersome but I'm finding it ok second time round, I'm probably a bit braver throwing it around this time!
I also have a Chicco pushchair that I never really liked, and a BJCM that I cannot wait for tiny one to grow in to, it's by far my favourite one. smile

youmaycallmeSSP Thu 18-Apr-13 10:17:03

I started off with an O'Baby Zezu that I didn't use after DS started walking and sold on for a decent price.

I got a Bugaboo Bee for DD, which was great but got stolen angry

So now I'm borrowing the GPs' Silver Cross pop sport for a few weeks until we can get a new Bee.

MandragoraWurzelstock Thu 18-Apr-13 10:17:52

65. ish.

Signet2012 Thu 18-Apr-13 10:20:55

I had the ultima 9 in 1. For the first three months.

I sold that for more than I paid for it and bought a sola. Wheel fell off the other day but they fixed it quickly without hassle. I love it. and it fits in my stupid car

MandragoraWurzelstock Thu 18-Apr-13 11:30:49

Panzee, I think the BJCM is suitable from birth? Not sure but mine goes completely flat.

I had a Pliko once. It was dreadful - very heavy, and not very stable in itself... it used to feel like it went up the kerb in two sections sometimes.

My guess is that it feel fine with a baby in it but anything over 1yo and you'll realise that it was heavy and cumbersome!! smile

Big air wheels work very well with an older or heavier child.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Thu 18-Apr-13 16:10:12

My list is pretty long and spread over nearly 11 years so I might forget one or two blush.

Started off with a secondhand M&P MPX chassis with full carrycot/seat unit. I loved it and used it a lot for walking. Also had a maclaren techno xt to use on public transport. Next, I bought a really basic three wheeler from Asda that was super-cheap but was really good. Last single buggy I used for DS was a Micralite fastfold (had two of them).

I used to look after another baby when DS was young and had an urban detour double - fab buggy. For a very short time, I had a kidzkargo inline three wheeler...it only lasted about two weeks before I sold it on because it was rubbish then replaced it with another Urban Detour blush.

Next was a P&T E3 and a Jane powertwin which I had for a couple of years until I relocated and sold them both (not quite sure what I was thinking).

When I moved, DS was 5 so my pushchairs were used solely for CMing.
In the last five years, I've had:
MB double
P&T sport
Emmaljunga something or other double
Maclaren techno xt (not as good as my original
ABC single with two additional seats
Bugaboo gecko x2
Bugaboo bee
Bugaboo bee plus
P&T dash
P&T dot
P&T vibe
Maclaren quest
Maclaren triumph
Maclaren twin triumph

blush I have issues, don't I!

In my defence, almost all have been bought secondhand and at bargain prices so when I find out that they're not quite meeting my needs, I get back as much as I paid for them originally.

My biggest mistake has been the P&T dot and if it wasn't for the fact that I'll probably lose over £100 it'd be on eBay by now.

Rhubarb - have you tried to fit a vibe in your car? I bought the dot for the same reason and when I realised it didn't fit in any better than the dash that I'd just sold I decided the smaller seat size was too big a compromise so bought a vibe and then discovered it fits in my boot better than the dot and with the rear seat still attached (I might have waffled on about this on a different thread, sorry).

I currently have 6 buggies. Two are definitely on their way to eBay/gumtree and possibly another two if I'm sensible but I just can't bring myself to do it!

I blame the last few purchases on my ridiculously stupid carboot. It's so small that hardly anything fits in...is my excuse and I'm sticking to it grin

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Thu 18-Apr-13 16:19:02

Oh my goodness, that was huge, sorry blush

tiredteddy Thu 18-Apr-13 16:39:58

He he I love this. I can't wait to admit to my pushchair addiction!

Ds1 (now 8.5)
Micralite fast fold- seat frayed so got rid
Cosatto stroller - striped with matching parasol- gave it to a friend
Mamas and papas umbrella fold stroller - turquoise and spotty-broke it!

I love colours and patterns!

Ds2 (now 5.5)
Mutsy 4rider with carrycot then seat unit-still have chassis and carrycot in immaculate condition if anyone wants it?
Mothercare stroller (igglepiggle design) x2 shock- broke on holiday
Cosatto orange umbrella fold stroller- broke at camp bestival
Very cheap Argos stroller- still got this

If I'd bought one MacLaren it probably would have out lasted all those cheaply strollers but they were so pretty!

Dd 3months old
Bugaboo bee+ with missoni hood

It's so unusual I love it! The best pram / buggy I convinced DH it was the right choice as it'd break my stroller habit and its all i will ever need for dd! Only time will tell wink

milk Thu 18-Apr-13 16:44:18

Mothercare Spin
Quinny Zapp (we only have a tiny car so used with car seat)
Chicco Liteway (for travel)

I now use my beautiful Baby Jogger City Select which I love grin

MandragoraWurzelstock Thu 18-Apr-13 17:06:12

TiredTeddy, I might be interested in the Mutsy! What sort of wheels does it have - spokey ones or the single spoke?

Panzee Thu 18-Apr-13 17:06:22

mandragora mine is an older one that I don't think lies flat.

MandragoraWurzelstock Thu 18-Apr-13 17:07:39

Btw never say 'it will break my addiction' because that doesn't work grin

MandragoraWurzelstock Thu 18-Apr-13 17:08:42

Oh is it Panzee? Sorry. I haven't had mine for long and not tested it properly yet, it's in the boot - actually it seems a bit huge for a little baby atm! Mine's 14-15 weeks and still looks tiny in it smile

SweepTheHalls Thu 18-Apr-13 17:10:50

Started with Pilko pramette, then mountain buggy, then maclaren xt (a friend is currently borrowing that),the a nipper 360( currently at the grandparents) a double nipper, a phil and teds e3 and a phil and teds vibe!

tiredteddy Thu 18-Apr-13 17:11:24

Mandrgorawurzelstock,
It's the 4rider I got it in 2007. The chassis is large back wheels and swivel front wheeld with spokes I think. It has an extra basket the clips on and off for shopping and the carrycot is beautiful I. Turquoise with sheets and raincover too. The underneath basket got chucked out but can get them online for about £15/20 iirc.

tiredteddy Thu 18-Apr-13 17:12:01

Also has a buggy board!

MandragoraWurzelstock Thu 18-Apr-13 17:13:11

Ooh. It sounds nice, what would you be hoping to get for it? I'd not need the buggy board.

tiredteddy Thu 18-Apr-13 17:15:28

I've no idea! Pm me maybe with an offer, pretty happy to let the chassis go for free as its had more use so just something for the carrycot?

MandragoraWurzelstock Thu 18-Apr-13 17:16:52

I'll PM you smile Thankyou

nowgotosleep Thu 18-Apr-13 17:25:17

Over a ten year period, 2 children, I've had:

Mothercare lie flat pram for walks
Mamas & Papas pliko for the car, hated it.
Maclaren Volo
Mothercare all terrain for off roading
Graco 3 wheeler, which was just awful.
Another Maclaren Volo, to replace previous one and I still have it 8 years later!
Britax B-smart 3
Cybex Callisto which I loved but it came to a messy end
Another B-smart 3 which was replacement for first under warranty
Quinny Zapp xtra, basket too small but handy for car
Maclaren quest
Brio Sing, it broke so bought a
Baby Jogger City Elite
Bugaboo Bee.

Still have BJCE, the bee, quest and volo.

One thing I have learnt is that with cheaper options there is always a compromise and with hindsight I should've just bought the BJCE and bee to begin with!

Wishwehadgoneabroad Thu 18-Apr-13 17:29:37

One. An i-candy peach.

Seriously!? People have this many?! Where on earth do you keep them all, and why! grin

Fenton Thu 18-Apr-13 17:31:08

Oh gosh, I thought I had a pushchair problem shock

I had a M&P three wheeler system but it was before the swivel wheel so a bit heavy really

A chicco caddy buggy for holidays abroad etc

A graco pushchair we brought back from US because the chicco broke, - had drinks holders EVERYWHERE !

A Mirca-lite - LOVED it

A Phil and Ted's tandem - LOVED it

Another chicco caddy plus lascal buggy board

..that's it..

I MISS pushchairs sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now