Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

So I need a new pram for walking... help!

(22 Posts)
JRsandCoffee Mon 22-Apr-13 08:33:26

Sorry, meant to say, ebay would bring within budget!

JRsandCoffee Mon 22-Apr-13 08:33:00

Vista is lovely and comfy to push, they can overnight in the cot bit if need be and the RF seat is fine from birth with the snug seat insert tilted right back. My DD loves it, wish I had got it sooner! We went for a 2 hour walk the other day no problems at all. The other good thing is the vast basket for clutter!

peanutMD Sun 21-Apr-13 12:21:23

parties can i ask where you got your Smile?

The more i see it the more i like it but can't find them anywhere hmm

Is the seat suitable from birth? i think id get a soft carrycot for inside just to cloae it in a little bit.

Ihateparties Fri 19-Apr-13 11:01:48

The Vista and Smile seats are quite high I suppose, it gives them the feeling of being tall. The handlebar adjusts from 80 to 110cm (i measured it all as am supposed to be selling it but dragging my heelssad)
If it weren't for your carrycot issue the Versa would be first on my list.

I live near the shop selling the recon versas and could in theory go and look at them. I had a recalled versa from the first lot and although it went back there was nothing wrong with it that I ever discovered. Didn't have it long though.

SillyBlueHat Fri 19-Apr-13 08:18:08

If you want all terrain do not go for icandy!

peanutMD Fri 19-Apr-13 08:11:11

Duende I'm watching one on Ebay but not sure, its working out at £222 including postage from a shop (Baby boom?) but not sure as presumably your have no comeback if it goes wrong :s

Parties i do quite like the Smile but it looks tall and I'm only 5ft 4.

Daisy i would really like longterm RF as I'll be going back to work when she's 9 months and will bee spending a lot if time walking to and from there and after a long day it would he nice to chat to her if that makes sense... goodness that sound ed very PFB but she's my second lol

Daisybell1 Fri 19-Apr-13 07:34:44

Could a Baby Jogger Summit work? It needs the carrycot to be rear facing, but it will take the same one as the city mini so you could use it for both?

Ihateparties Thu 18-Apr-13 20:23:00

The versa is lovely but you're right, under300 with the carrycot is a challenge. Maybe not impossible.

My favourite walking pram of my current set is my brio smile it's a vista derivative with a different seat, 4 air tyres and narrower width. Still use my tandem too much to enjoy it though.

I think a Mutsy Evo would be good really if you can handle not having air tyres.

duende Thu 18-Apr-13 19:53:27

I bought from Boots, they are doing 15% off baby products atm. Plus, you get points, and you can get cash back through quidco.
There are some on eBay which are a bit cheaper and are supposed to be the ones that were repaired under last years recall, unused but repaired.

peanutMD Thu 18-Apr-13 13:46:50

i was put off the Versa because it can't be used from birth without carrycot and its out of my budget plus I've seen a few gripes about it but starting to rethink it.

Where is the best price because it seems a bit out of budget ATM

StrawberryMonkey Thu 18-Apr-13 12:43:08

Baby jogger versa or baby jogger versa gt. wink

15920 Wed 17-Apr-13 21:59:14

Have you considered the Jane rider/trider

We do lots of walking both in the city and in the country and it has been fantastic for both. Its nice and high which is great for me as I also have a bad back so I don't have to bend down too much to put DD in her pram. It is rear facing with either a carrycot car seat (Jane do the matrix carseat which can lie down or sit up which I love) or the seat unit.

It is in your price range as you can pick it up on eBay for around 200 in good condition as we did and it has been fantastic. We were also looking at the uppababy vista but this one fold up much smaller due to the back wheels also folding in. This pram really is fantastic and I really would add it to your considerations, it feels so good to such and is such a high quality pram, I also have a pram addiction (this is our 10th) and I'm glad to as it will be our last as it really is perfect!

Tiggywunkle Tue 16-Apr-13 21:44:01

....so why didn't you buy one??!! wink

peanutMD Tue 16-Apr-13 20:44:59

See you two did have me looking at the Versa when I was pregnant...

CunningAtBothEnds Tue 16-Apr-13 20:19:10

I really love my cosatto giggle

duende Tue 16-Apr-13 20:17:26

Yes, yes, parties and tiggy made me buy recommended the versa to me and I LOVE it.

Tiggywunkle Tue 16-Apr-13 18:15:32

Given you like the BJCM why don't you look at the Baby Jogger Versa. The Mutsy Evo is pretty good as a pushchair, I like the MyChild Pinto and the iCandy Cherry. The Oyster is good value for money too.

peanutMD Tue 16-Apr-13 17:51:20

Budget... Hmm... £300 maximum?

I do have a bit of a pram addiction left over from DS and DP will probably kill me for even thinking about a new one lol

Ihateparties Tue 16-Apr-13 17:37:00

Bugaboos are great for walking with, mutsys too, nice and bouncy. Baby jogger versa, uppababy vista.. hmmm. Loads more. What sort of budget?

peanutMD Tue 16-Apr-13 17:27:18

Thanks Carrie smile

Mountain Buggy looks good but really do prefer RF as I spend a long time out she about with pushchair and would like to be able to see DD.

Bugaboo is nice on paper although butt ugly and uber expensive IIRC.

I'm really not keen in ICandy pushchairs as they feel quite flimsy IMO.

Don't suppose you've tried the Mutsy Evo or Britax B Smart 4 wherl ai quite like the look of these?

Mountain buggy (with carrycot), bugaboo cameleon, icandy peach. I'm not an icandy girl but have both the others and we are big walkers -school and preschool alone is 8 and a half miles each day grin

peanutMD Tue 16-Apr-13 09:54:19

DD is 6 Weeks today and I have managed to screw my back up again somehow and as much as I love my Babystyle lux for walking I don't think tilting the wheels to turn is helping.

So unfortunately I think its going to have to go sad

My replacement criteria would be:

Something robust for walking LOTS
Swivel wheels
Rear facing
Comfy for tiny DD
Lightweight to push

Budget is not a major issue (although not unlimited!) and I'm not opposed to second hand goods.

Size isn't an issue a we have a BJCM for transport and the main pram is left in the porch assembled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now