Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

The mice have finally gone but my poor pram ...

(6 Posts)
JellyCurls Thu 11-Apr-13 21:08:16

So over winter we had mice in the loft but all are now gone - hooray.

So last week was up in loft checking and found out that mouse has shredded my Moses basket, pood all over baby bouncer & baby gym and disaster of disaster has peed and pood all over my pram body and now all mould & mildew. Moses basket and rest is in bin but my poor pram. This is dc3 and having no more so don't want to have to buy a new pram but can you ever truly clean off mouse poo & pee and all associated germs?

HubbaHubbaHubbaInHoobLand Thu 11-Apr-13 21:10:00

I would personally chuck them!! Disease ridden rodent remnants and newborns dont mix!!!

JellyCurls Thu 11-Apr-13 21:18:11

That's what I thought everything gone but have stripped pram in hope I can clean or get new covers. Checked silver cross website but can't see anything

pizzaqueen Thu 11-Apr-13 21:29:19

What a disaster! Will need to get DP to check out loft!

I think you probably need to to chuck it. Or is it just the carry cot/seat? Is it a model where you could easily enough get a replacement carry cot instead of chucking the whole thing? Or just investing in some new pram covers? Check eBay.

JellyCurls Thu 11-Apr-13 21:31:19

It's a silver cross sleepover and material covers, mattress etc is all mouse poo & pee. Also noticed some gnaw marks on sponge handle. Mouse is dead so kind of got my revenge but still really annoyed

issypiggle Thu 11-Apr-13 21:32:18

ebay/local paper or charity shops, i got some a baby bouncer from one and it was brill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now