Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

anyone brought from prams.net

(5 Posts)
veracity Fri 14-Aug-15 11:32:12

I ordered a playpen via prams.net on 17 July. The site said "normal dispatch within one week." I never got a confirmation. Every time I tried to call, I got a message saying either "all our voicemail boxes are full" or "all our lines are busy" - without every getting the option of leaving a voicemail, so where are those full boxes? On 26 July, prams.net sent an email informing me that they were receiving the goods"mid-next week" - that would be 29 July - and would send them out immediately. (n.b. they are based in SW18, I am in SW19) Nothing happened. After further prompting from me, I got another message on 6 August, informing me that the playpen would definitely go out "tomorrow at the latest" - that would be 7 August. It is now 14 August, almost a month after I placed my order and paid for the goods, and I'm still waiting. After I sent a series of frustrated emails, Dieter Lang (who appears to be in charge) gave me another number where he could be reached - this time with a answering message in German. In the course of the next weeks, I did manage to get through to him personally 2x, but both times, the line was unceremoniously cut immediately after I explained that I was waiting for an order. Beginning to wonder if this site is not a bit dodgy. Perhaps not a total scam, just understaffed, overstretched and (my theory) trying to cut costs by bulking orders and shipments whilst not being totally up-front with their clients. Who are parents/grandparents with babies and small children, where every day counts. Pity, because their selection is really very good. At this point, I'd throw aesthetics to the wind and order elsewhere, but I can't even reach anyone to cancel my order.

Lindanewmum Thu 29-Jan-15 21:14:07

I have also ordered from this company. I placed my order on 17th Dec and first reply from them was 9th Jan. Since then they have been promising delivery of my pram but have yet to ship it. Phone number is very difficult to get an answer and when they do answer the customer service is poor. The lady was speaking a foreign language to her colleague whilst I was trying to talk. They promised a prompt response to my query but I have yet to hear from them, this was 3 days ago. They did give me a refund of 5% of my order but what good is 35Euro when I cant take my daughter for a walk. She is now 2 months old.
Very poor customer service, processing times are not as advertised on website and now my emails are being ignored. I am so stressed and upset

I have tried everything

Ihateparties Thu 23-May-13 16:36:45

nam.. are you keeping the livi??

vcollin Thu 23-May-13 11:21:36

I passed an order on this website for a musty buggy, the price are cheap and the delivery was on time. It's a great website !

nam207 Thu 11-Apr-13 17:45:13

Hi is this site genuine? It seems really cheap.

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now