Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

one handed OPEN and fold for going on bus

(36 Posts)
nam207 Thu 11-Apr-13 10:32:05

Hi, most of the buses near me are older ones with steps.

are there any experts out there who can think of the best buggy/stroller/pushchair (whats the difference anyway?) for me?

It needs to be one hand open and close. A list of options so i coukd compare other features would be perfect.

Thanks

stargirl1701 Tue 16-Apr-13 17:51:01

Stokke Scoot?

nam207 Tue 16-Apr-13 17:45:38

Thanks Tiggywunkle I will.

Tiggywunkle Tue 16-Apr-13 17:09:58

No import duty as its Europe - if there are any taxes you pay up front. They are due in the UK any time though. I would give Whitestep a call and see exactly when.

nam207 Tue 16-Apr-13 13:01:52

*abroad not anroad!

nam207 Tue 16-Apr-13 13:00:49

Thanks PeanutMD.

just looked at the Noa and cant get my head round the feel of the flexible frame.

now thinking i should wait to test the yoyo- its not out yet is it?

If i ordered a yoyo from anroad how much import duty do you have to pay?

peanutMD Tue 16-Apr-13 09:57:55

3 is decent enough but can be tippy with carrycot or carseat.

4 is more stable generally.

GT is good for walking anywhere due to the wheels.

Totally depends on your needs smile

nam207 Tue 16-Apr-13 09:12:09

Had a look over the weekend and i think it has to be either the noa (seeing later) or the BJCM.

if I go for the BJCM do I want a 3, 4 or GT?

Tiggywunkle Sat 13-Apr-13 21:52:03

The 2012 BJCM has the fold lock on, but its been specifically made so that it can be unscrewed if not required smile
The Noa, Babyzen YoYo, Recaro Babyzen, Stokke Scoot and most umbrella fold pushchairs can be opened and closed one handed.

StrawberryMonkey Sat 13-Apr-13 20:45:59

See this video the lady folds and unfolds one handed.
Quinny Yezz youtu.be/DngC1ZSiB_8

StrawberryMonkey Sat 13-Apr-13 20:45:15
StrawberryMonkey Sat 13-Apr-13 20:42:17

You could open a Yezz one handed with a little practise. The auto lock release button is incorporated in the handlebar. You will need to use your foot to press the frame open too though.
The fold can be done one handed but you will need to bend over well and perhaps use a knee on the frame back to click it fully shut.

Ihateparties Sat 13-Apr-13 11:57:14

I couldn't open my bjcm gt one handed whilst holding a child.. i'll have practise!

TwitchyTail Sat 13-Apr-13 10:25:53

I have a 2012 BJCM and it does have a side folding lock that clicks into place when you fold it down fully, so technically it can't be opened one-handed if used correctly. However, you can fold it so it doesn't click, so it can be made to open one-handed iyswim smile

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Sat 13-Apr-13 10:25:28

And the poppers can be flicked open one handed too.

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Sat 13-Apr-13 10:25:04

The BJCM is far easier to one hand fold than the Graco Citisport - I had one of those for DS1.

I really rate the BJCM, and I don't feel the basket is too small, despite having an older, third secondhand one. I can fit 4 pints of milk, 6 cans of fizzy and a 2.5kg bag of potatoes in it.

I have stuck a buggy weight on the front wheel and got two buggy clip things - like carabiners - and I clip the rest of my shopping to those.

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Sat 13-Apr-13 10:19:18

Baby jogger city mini. Nothing beats it for ease of folding and unfolding, and I've been buying pushchairs for over 15 years now. It really is the easiest to one-hand fold!

peanutMD Sat 13-Apr-13 09:58:44

The older BJCM without folding lock can be flicked open one handed, I have one for in buses and it is perfect.

You just lift the handle and it all flicks out and locks in place.

peanutMD Sat 13-Apr-13 09:57:47

The older BJCM without folding lock can be flicked open one handed, I have one for in buses and it is perfect.

You just lift the handle and it all flicks out and locks in place.

nam207 Fri 12-Apr-13 14:32:43

Ihateparties - yes definitely a factor as i wouldn't buy online if not everyone can open one handed without being able to test the citisport and i don't think you can buy it in store.

looks like I'm testing the BJCM, noa, yoyo, evo and maclarens.

Ihateparties Fri 12-Apr-13 12:39:32

nam I think it was ebay but I'll have to check with them. We have all used overseas retailers too in the past so will have a list of ones we have had no issues with. They did already tell me that they use two hands to open the citisports though, which may be a factor...

CecyHall France Fri 12-Apr-13 12:14:02

Maxi Cosi Noa can be folded and unfolded one handed too. It also folds smaller than the BJCM so might be easier to negotiate on a bus, mine broke but I think I was just unlucky. Have a BJCM now though as on the whole it suits us much better.

nam207 Fri 12-Apr-13 12:05:19

Hi,

Ihateparties, where did your friends buy their Graco Citisport from?

It doesn't seem to be widely available anymore and some of the sites its listed on look dodgy.

it would be great if you could let me know a genuine retailer.

nam207 Thu 11-Apr-13 21:47:35

Thanks, looks like I'll have a busy weekend playing. I'll let you know what we go for.

EverybodysSootyEyed Thu 11-Apr-13 19:46:31

my maclaren quest has lasted me 6 years and we have travelled loads with it - easily opened and closed with one foot and one hand whilst holding child!

the first lock is by hand and the second by foot when opening. very quick

if you go to a shop you should be able to try them all out and find out which works best for you.

The city mini gt is the new version which has a better basket and other features, they improved everything that people complained about from the CM.

It is one handed open close. After opening you just clip two poppers on at the sides. To be honest I never bother doing that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now