Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

one handed OPEN and fold for going on bus

(36 Posts)
nam207 Thu 11-Apr-13 10:32:05

Hi, most of the buses near me are older ones with steps.

are there any experts out there who can think of the best buggy/stroller/pushchair (whats the difference anyway?) for me?

It needs to be one hand open and close. A list of options so i coukd compare other features would be perfect.

Thanks

StrawberryMonkey Sat 13-Apr-13 20:42:17

You could open a Yezz one handed with a little practise. The auto lock release button is incorporated in the handlebar. You will need to use your foot to press the frame open too though.
The fold can be done one handed but you will need to bend over well and perhaps use a knee on the frame back to click it fully shut.

StrawberryMonkey Sat 13-Apr-13 20:45:15
StrawberryMonkey Sat 13-Apr-13 20:45:59

See this video the lady folds and unfolds one handed.
Quinny Yezz youtu.be/DngC1ZSiB_8

Tiggywunkle Sat 13-Apr-13 21:52:03

The 2012 BJCM has the fold lock on, but its been specifically made so that it can be unscrewed if not required smile
The Noa, Babyzen YoYo, Recaro Babyzen, Stokke Scoot and most umbrella fold pushchairs can be opened and closed one handed.

nam207 Tue 16-Apr-13 09:12:09

Had a look over the weekend and i think it has to be either the noa (seeing later) or the BJCM.

if I go for the BJCM do I want a 3, 4 or GT?

peanutMD Tue 16-Apr-13 09:57:55

3 is decent enough but can be tippy with carrycot or carseat.

4 is more stable generally.

GT is good for walking anywhere due to the wheels.

Totally depends on your needs smile

nam207 Tue 16-Apr-13 13:00:49

Thanks PeanutMD.

just looked at the Noa and cant get my head round the feel of the flexible frame.

now thinking i should wait to test the yoyo- its not out yet is it?

If i ordered a yoyo from anroad how much import duty do you have to pay?

nam207 Tue 16-Apr-13 13:01:52

*abroad not anroad!

Tiggywunkle Tue 16-Apr-13 17:09:58

No import duty as its Europe - if there are any taxes you pay up front. They are due in the UK any time though. I would give Whitestep a call and see exactly when.

nam207 Tue 16-Apr-13 17:45:38

Thanks Tiggywunkle I will.

stargirl1701 Tue 16-Apr-13 17:51:01

Stokke Scoot?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now