Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

What car do donkey (pram) owners have?

(7 Posts)
Razzdazz Wed 10-Apr-13 16:42:00

Hi, we are expecting our 4th dc and will have a 17 month old when baby arrives. I have a bug cam at the moment and would really like the donkey. We are having to change our car for a 7 seater. Does anyone have any advice on what 7 seater has a big enough boot space to accommodate the donkey when all seats are in use? Really trying to avoid buying a van lol!!

Nanny01 Wed 10-Apr-13 20:41:36

I very much doubt you will get it in. I can fit a uppa baby vista in my 7 seater. I can not fit anything in when all seats are in use. Like you I normally have 6 seats in use have 5 dcs. Babyzen yoyo will fit but can't be used before 6 months. I used a sling if we all go out. Pushchairs that fold in half like the vista,bjcm are ok. Most 7 seaters the middle row of seats have some movebility back and forwards so you might get a few more cms.

forevergreek Wed 10-Apr-13 20:59:07

Volkswagen sharan should work with one seat out. ( assuming 4 children and 2 adults?) each seat is individual also so can fit 3 full car seats in middle row for example. Seats also slide forward and back.

Razzdazz Fri 12-Apr-13 22:32:28

Am actually considering a Mercedes viano grin

milkymocha Sat 13-Apr-13 07:16:33

Can fit mine easily in a zafira with one seat down smile

lizzieannejames Sat 13-Apr-13 17:46:56

I can fit my donkey in my Mini countryman with the wheels off (they have to go in the footwell in the middle)

As much as I wanted the donkey- there wasn't a chance in hell I was going to buy a mummobile (no offence intended here!) so I made it fit.

There is a useful video on youtube showing a JL staff member showing a lady how to get her donkey into the boot of a focus.

BettyandDon Sat 13-Apr-13 17:50:52

I have an Audi tt and can fit it in my car. You need to have the chassis and seats stored separately but they squash together nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now