Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Please put an end to my misery before I get rid of one of my babies

(21 Posts)
ghoulelocks Sun 14-Apr-13 08:42:55

oh the hauck also has a hood on the second seat, good for lolling heads and napping. my ds napped well in in, though a good liner would do it a favour

ghoulelocks Sun 14-Apr-13 08:40:03

I had a hauck duett, to be fair it was ugly but did the job.Both seats recline well, good raincover and huge basket. reasonable to push with adjustable handle. thank god it folds with two seats as the second is a bitch to get off. quite like it as a single with a huge basket too. can get under 100 second hand in very good condition. very sturdy, no creaks or wobble, ok to lift in boot weight wise. if getting two it's a consideration. I wouldn't rate it on very rough ground though.

I did though change it for a second hand pt sport (£70 gumtree) for off roading. I didn't need the recline of the second seat and the pt (with well pumped tires) is very good on the terrain I've tried and smooth. it has some recline in both seats but not loads. great raincover.

personally I hate britax wheels

ClairesTravellingCircus Sat 13-Apr-13 22:29:19

Thank you both, had dodgy internet the last couple of days, but will get googling tomorrow smile

Tiggywunkle Sat 13-Apr-13 22:03:03

what ihateparties said, but the new iCandy Apple 2 Pear folds with one or both seats on. The Hauck Duett folds as one piece. There's others but they arent as nice to push!

Ihateparties Thu 11-Apr-13 21:01:16

Twone folds in two bits. Optimally in 3 bits but 2 is perfectly managable. The Oyster Max also folds in two, not as small but it does. Both are easy to push for tandems, one handed for almost everything except for really tricky bits. B Dual folds all in one, is a beast but quite nice to push imo.

ClairesTravellingCircus Thu 11-Apr-13 19:59:06

Leaving aside the offroad but (I suppose I can get a nipper or tfk second hand to use specifically for that), is there a tandem that folds in one piece (or two at mostsmile), and pushes better than the select, especially uphill, and is relatively small when folded?

Or shall I resign to never leaving the house again on my own til they can walk safely?

Tiggywunkle Thu 11-Apr-13 00:28:16

Have you tried folding your BJCS as one piece with both seats on, or else as one piece with one seat removed and the adaptors and one seat left in place?

I think I would head for a Nipper or Bumbleride Indie or a BJCMGT / Elite or TFK Twinner Twist Duo as a side by side.

Tandems - hmm....*scratches head* none which go off road and have two good reclining seats (I hated the Powertwin). My B-Dual was better off road than my P&Ts!!!

Ihateparties Wed 10-Apr-13 22:50:32

Bother bother bother, tandem.. two reclining seats.. Well I think the p&t navigator and dot have at least some recline on both seats. The oyster max has some recline on both, the Jane Twone.. aha, well the twone has a good recline on both seats but they are close together so they have to recline in tandem if you see what I mean. The top child does at least, the lower child can recline at will. It's small too. I looooooved mine (it only left last friday infact after nearly a year) but tiggy did not like hers :-/

olivertheoctopus Wed 10-Apr-13 21:19:37

Our P&T is a Sport.

ClairesTravellingCircus Wed 10-Apr-13 20:16:34

Oh Ihate

Do not worry about the Touran! Nothing but the smallest single pushchair will fit in the boot with 7 seats up gringrin, but we only use 6 the vast majority of the time, but we carry so much stuff (two travel cots) that the smaller the better.

I think the duet would make it impossible to even have a bag of shopping in there!

If I had something like the nipper for the walks (it's a path with big rocks, I struggle with a bike too), then what would be the smallest tandem? And would like some recline really, they take all their naps in the pushchair.

Thanks so much!

Ihateparties Wed 10-Apr-13 18:40:19

I can't remember what we mentioned before.. was the tfk joggster twist and buddy seat mentioned? It's heavy but i think can fold as one and a proper terrain pushchair. Lower seat is fixed position though. Where do you stand on both seats having reclines- a real necessity or can be juggled? I have a 14month old singleton and she's pretty happy to sleep quite upright now. A p&t navigator might work as air tyres and lower seat with recline, am assuming you can also recline the upper seat a bit if both asleep. I don't think a mb +one will work, as the rear upright seat is bolt upright.The duet is massive folded. Terrain tandems are just a fairly limited set of stuff, p and t, +one, joggster and buddyseat. The b dual is okay for mild terrain use for sure but it depends how hardcore you need.

How actual big is the touran boot with the rear seats up? i'll have to google it!

MiaowTheCat Wed 10-Apr-13 15:19:25

I have a b-dual with a 1 year age gap - it's great on the rough terrain part, folds with both seats attached but the fold is in no way small because of the attached seats and the silly big wheels annoy me at times. Found it easier than the city select on the pushing front when I tried them both out (it was a decision between the two models and before I tried 'em I'd been keen on the idea of the select). Like you I can't have a main side-by-side buggy as we have to bring it in the rear of the house and the side alley is quite narrow... but I do have a second-hand cosatto to keep in the car for general abuse later on (I like having a carrycot option with a newborn a bit too much)

ClairesTravellingCircus Wed 10-Apr-13 13:58:35

Which P+T have you got? I gather there is several versions?

olivertheoctopus Wed 10-Apr-13 13:54:42

We have a P&T (not for twins mind you) and would do the job just fine.

ClairesTravellingCircus Wed 10-Apr-13 13:51:55

No problem quintessentialsmile

Well, of course if you notice that the thread is in Pushchairs as opposed to Mental Health or Relationships! grin

MiaowTheCat Wed 10-Apr-13 13:41:14

Oh ignore the cat bum mouth - we all got what the thread was going to be about when we read the title.

ClairesTravellingCircus Wed 10-Apr-13 12:41:51

Quitessential I thought it was quite obvious it is not meant for real!

hmm

That is a very offensive heading.

SophiaTheFirst Wed 10-Apr-13 12:38:17

I know loads of people hate it but we have the P&T, it doesn't win any awards for style or looks but there is a reason that you see so many out and about, it ticks so many boxes.
You do still need to put the second seat on when you unfold it, but it is one click and takes just a second.

ClairesTravellingCircus Wed 10-Apr-13 12:29:22

(And Tyggy&Ihate I swear this is my last pushchair thread)

Sooo, This the situtation:
14 month old twins
City select

Problem:
Cs is getting heavier& tiresome to keep reassembling

What I need:
Tandem (narrow pavements) even if my heart shouts SBS (sigh)
good on rough terrain (we have lovely walks that I can't go on now)
Most compact fold as poss as we have 4 dc and a Touran

I could, possibly sell the select and go for two pushchairs that will cover between them all requirements, but they'd have to be cheap grin! And what could they be?

I can't believe no one has yet managed to design stg like this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now