Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Calling all buggy experts

(7 Posts)
jumperooo Tue 09-Apr-13 09:08:43

I need to get a pushchair for a holiday abroad in September when DD will be 11 months old. We have am uppababy vista now which we are planning to keep until next year or so. I think we will probably use the more lightweight pushchair from this summer for times when the vista is a bit bulky, public transport, weekends away etc.

So, what do we want? We've not looked at anything in store yet but I've looked online and this is what we are thinking of so far:

Uppababy g-luxe - looks v.light, love that it has the same sun shade built in like the Vista, has a two year warranty, like the design but not sure how flimsy it is, and the 2013 model is pricey at £195 .

Maxi Cosi Noa - Love the fold and look but no sunshade, reviews say handles are very low which may be tricky for DP, re views also suggest it might not be sturdy for anything more than very occasional use

Petite star zia - looks light and zippy but not sure about fold for a holiday, not sure about quality

Not keen on mclarens.

Rhubarb78 Tue 09-Apr-13 09:41:10

Hi, I just bought the maxi cosi noa. The fold is amazing on it and would be perfect for holiday plus the pull along handle is fab for airports. I haven't used it properly yet though so can let you know re flimsiness when I do. I haven't noticed a problem with the handles but then I am only 5"2. I have bought it as a second pushchair for around the shops etc but not sure I would use it all the time yet (ds is only 1) I am planning to when he is older and in and out of the pushchair a bit more. It comes with a clip to put a parasol on but am not really a fan of parasols myself. Maybe a buggy shade would be better. You can get the noa for £120 too, I did.

jumperooo Tue 09-Apr-13 09:55:36

Great thanks, I'm only 5'3 so handles not an issue but DP is 6 foot. And we are used to a high handle on the Vista.

Anyone else?

Tiggywunkle Tue 09-Apr-13 12:08:52

I would start with a Baby Jogger City Mini - you really can't go wrong with one of these. I loved my Noa - but the handles are low and they did drive me nutty but its very useful as a small lightweight pushchair. I swapped for a Babyzen YoYo and have never looked back. However that will be too expensive for you. My other suggestions are a Kiddy City 'n' Move which is good for taller parents, but its a large umbrella fold, or probably the best suggestion would be a Nuna Pepp which has a tall handle. But the harness is annoying to do up. I haven't had a G-Luxe but someone on here bought one and may be able to give you a review. The Uppababy products are very good though and I have no reason to doubt that the G-Luxe wouldn't be too.

jumperooo Tue 09-Apr-13 12:33:44

Thanks Tiggy, toys r us had a city mini in the sale for £180 recently, does it have a small fold?

Off to google nuna pepp and the babyzen yoyo

jumperooo Tue 09-Apr-13 12:46:30

Ok babyzen yoyo looks fab, but £300. Hmm

Daisybell1 Tue 09-Apr-13 15:25:13

We took our city mini to gran canaria and it was amazing. The fold is flat is flat rather than tiny and we took a bag to protect it on the plane.

The best thing about it was the hood. It was scorching when we went and it was great to be able to stick dd in, zip up the blackout shade on the front and know that she would nap and wouldn't burn. It's a very comfy seat so she would sleep well in it, allowing us to have a couple of evenings out without her stirring.

They are brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now