Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

what age did you change from pram to seat unit?

(31 Posts)
islasmummy2013 Tue 09-Apr-13 08:20:55

Hello everyone,
smile

Iv got a bugaboo cameleon and was wondering what age is the youngest my dd could go into the seat unit? Obviously I no its when the individual child is ready and not just a certain age, I am also aware the bugaboo seat is from 6 months+ but there is no chance she'll be happy in the carrycot that long!

My dd is far to young to go into the seat unit at the minute, just thought I'd get some views/opinions/knowledge on the matter.
So, how old were your little ones when you made the swap?

Thank you in advance!
Xxx thanks

KatAndKit Tue 16-Apr-13 16:34:46

I changed over at about 5 months. He was getting pram rage in the carry cot at that point, even with the hood down and the apron off so he could see. I have a Graco symbio pram and the carrycot has a nice handy incline feature which could tilt him up a little bit which is good for refluxy babies. When I changed over at 5 months it was because he could roll around too much in the carrycot - at least the seat unit has a 5 point harness! I used it on the lowest setting until nearly 7 months when he wanted to be sitting up a bit more when awake.

christilass Wed 17-Apr-13 00:20:04

I have the Jane Trider , its carry cot car transporter has a 5 point harness. which has 4 back rest hight settings only to be used when its Not being used as lie flat car transporter which is great .

christilass Wed 17-Apr-13 00:21:26

I have the Jane Trider , its carry cot car transporter has a 5 point harness. which has 4 back rest hight settings only to be used when its Not being used as lie flat car transporter which is great as it mean don't have to use seat unit until older

tomatoplantproject Fri 19-Apr-13 09:22:14

I changed over at about 3 months but dd has always had very good head control and is a nosy parker. I had her on the most flat setting (iyswim). I changed her over because she was screaming in the pram, the moment I changed her she was grinning ear to ear, and my back couldn't take the along any longer so I was starting to get a bit desperate, and for us changing early worked.

Camwombat Fri 19-Apr-13 09:28:18

My DS had to go in the seat of his buggy (Quincy buzz) when he was 5 weeks old. He was far too long FO for the carrycot by then what a waste of money. We kept it fully reclined for ages though.

<awaits horrified gasps>

MiaowTheCat Fri 19-Apr-13 10:16:40

I mix and match - sometimes I put the carrycot on, but as it blocks most of the shopping basket - if I'm going longer distances and don't want to carry the change bag, or if I'm going to need to put stuff in the basket - I'll put DD2 in the seat unit.

Seat unit IS a fully lie-flat one, and with how it is - it's very cocoon like anyway though.

Prefer the carrycot if at all possible though - I can set that so it has an ever so slight slope on it - another refluxer and anything that stops a puke tsunami is good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now