Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Tandem pushchairs

(8 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Tue 09-Apr-13 19:54:00

I'm using a b-dual with a 3 week old and a 1 year old who is 18 month size. Apart from the squeaky wheel I've so far been waiting for hubby to sort out for 4 months (would be easier replacing hubby tbh) it's OK - the weight's annoying, but it's decent enough to push (I live in an area with stupid hills) - a little bit asbo-supermarket trolley-ey now I've got the front seat moved forwards with the adaptors and big girl in it since little girl's in the soft carrycot underneath - but nowhere near as front-heavy as some of the other tandems I tried out.

The wide wheels are the big irritation - my stepfather's managed to yank the tiles off our kitchen wall trying to force it through the back door without lifting it over the bottom lip of our door if you get what I mean.

Tiggywunkle Tue 09-Apr-13 17:03:16

The Hauck Duett is no good for a newborn with a toddler.
The Smyths Dimples Duo would be much better. Or look for a Britax B-Dual.
The Oyster Max works best if your eldest doesn't nap any more in a pushchair. It is a fab pushchair.

JeanBodel Thu 04-Apr-13 20:50:37

I always loved my Inglesina Domino*. Everyone else thought I was mad because it was so long. But it is a high quality piece of kit and worked for me.

*Note: to be used instead of, not in conjunction with, a car.

bunnymother Thu 04-Apr-13 20:45:46

I am still loving my baby jogger city select, 2 years since I bought it. I, personally, haven't seen a better tandem. Although I haven't been looking, except at friends' prams.

Rhubarb78 Thu 04-Apr-13 20:38:32

Hi, I will have a similar age gap in july and in my research the oyster max keeps coming up with the best reviews.

Samgreen1990 Thu 04-Apr-13 13:46:06

Hi,
We are not really fussed used or not we have looked a lot into the pushchairs but people don't seem to give them good reviews they all say that the a weak.

Thanks tho will have a look at the britax one.

Ihateparties Thu 04-Apr-13 13:40:41

I have had a duett and a dimples duo, for the ages of children you have the dimples duo is better, the duett is verging on impossible to use with a toddler and newborn. The other side of that is the duett is more compact for the future and smaller folded.

If there are still some deals around then also consider a britax b dual, it's better quality than both of the above and easier to push in my experience (this is subjective imo and depends on your usage and expectations).

If you consider used as well as new then it will open up more options.

Samgreen1990 Thu 04-Apr-13 13:15:02

Hi,
We have recently had our third child but our second is not walking properly yet so we need a double pushchair for them.

We brought a graco tandem when we had our second but it was bulky heavy and very hard too push plus a lot of manufacturing defects.

We are looking for a sturdy tandem pushchair to buy but reading the reviews of most they are not very good we have been looking at the hauck duett and the smith toys dimples duo.

What pushchair would you recommend as the bet for us to use as we have a new born and 1yr6mth child to seat in it.

Thanks in advance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now