Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Been told to come here - triplet pushchair needed!

(21 Posts)
KateShmate Fri 04-Apr-14 23:02:00

Hi OP, I've got triplets too and have been through my fair share of triple (and a quad) buggy!
First off, don't ever buy an umbrella fold/pop up triple - you literally cannot steer the things!
We had the Mountain Buggy with a double carrycot for long walks - it was really nice to have all 3 together in 1 one carrycot, and I would highly recommend it if you go for long walks etc.
We had the Peg Perego triple, and it was good, but just so long.. was like pushing the Titanic! I also felt it was a little bit plasticy too..
Then we found the ABC buggy and fell in love - it is just perfect! So rugged and strong, can use it as a double if necessary, only as wide as a normal double, etc etc etc. I genuinely have no negatives I can think of. Yes it's big when folded, but you can't really expect a triple buggy to fold down to the size of a matchbox - and the same with weight too.. it's going to be heavier than a single. And it's heavy and large because it's so strong.
Between all the main buggies I've mentioned, we also went through many side-by side 3 wheeler triples which were great for trips to the woods etc, you can't even fit on a pavement because they're so wide.

I know you've said that you're happy to use a sling occasionally, and other PP's have mentioned buying a double and a single buggy.. the one thing I'd really recommend is finding a triple that works for you. I think it's really important to be able to stick them all in a buggy and be able to go out by yourself. It's nice to use a sling occasionally, but I think it's important to have a good triple that you can rely on.
My DTrips are 4 now, but feel free to PM me any time OP smile

TribbleWithoutATardis Fri 04-Apr-14 21:08:41

Actually I'd love to know that as well, a friend is having her third (first was twins) and would love a solution to the pram dilemma.

Wiggy29 Fri 04-Apr-14 19:48:05

I'm desperate to know about being able to use the city select with 3 seats and I just wondered how this was possible as I've hunted the internet and could only find a vague reference to it on the American site but no details.

I'm desperate to know as we bought one as we knew we were planning to have two close together so we have a one year old and just found out I'm pregnant with twins so we really need transport for three and can't afford to shell out on another pushchair.

Many thanks.

Lizandtimo Thu 13-Feb-14 07:03:26

I am looking for a buggy for triplets so would really like to hear what ones you've tried?

roveen Tue 14-Jan-14 19:22:59

Hi do you still need a triplet buggy as I had triplets and went through 3buggy's before got best one

Tiggywunkle Tue 09-Apr-13 17:00:56

I loved my ABC Adventure Buggy BUT only for walking straight out of the house with ie the school run would be perfect. For going out in the car, TBH, if you go as a family, I would get a double and two singles because the ABC is HUGE folded and a PITA to fold although I believe they are a little bit easier than they were.
One of my friends had her heart set on one until she saw mine and she did a complete U turn when she saw how big and heavy and clunky it was. It makes you appreciate modern design.
DO try and see one before buying.

Have a look at the Peg Perego Triplette and I would certainly consider a MB with double carrycot to start with.
The Baby Jogger City Select with 3 seats is one I personally would consider but its ABSOLUTELY NOT safety tested...but with 3 children, and a smallish car boot, you have to make your own decisions, and I am not recommending one.

MamaBlue4 Thu 04-Apr-13 11:01:01

I'll be buying the quad abc buggy, heard lots of good reviews. Unsure of which colour yet.

Congrats smile

forevergreek Thu 04-Apr-13 10:54:34

The baby jogger is a good side by side triple and lightweight compared to most- prob a good idea if you will use of road as mentioned.

The triple trio tandem looks very compact but haven't used ( I think front seat may be from 6 months.

The mountain buggy double with double carrycot works well.

I would poss look at a second hand double carrycot and mountain buggy for first 6 months, then sell and look at the triple trio for compactness.

( Iv used the triplets in double carrycot option as a nanny and they all fitted until 7 months old - between 4 and 5lb birth weight at 35 weeks)- we used the double for 3 years. First with all 3 in carrycot until 7 ish months. Then with two in seats and one in sling on back ( like the Gemini), then from around 15/16months we added a buggy board and used like that ( with sling underneath if needed. I needed to use on a bus and in taxis though so was the smallest option at the time ( about 5 years ago)

Personally the abc was too heavy and too tall for us to see over from borrowing friends so never used full time.

I think the baby jogger city select double can also be adapted for 3 seats but haven't seen myself. Maybe a google will help.

goldie81 Thu 04-Apr-13 07:16:24

Congratulations!! The abc is fab- I have a triple (but one is just a toddler seat- so many options!!) if you email directly abc then they can come back with some all inclusive packages for you- still not cheap but well worth it!

somanymore Wed 03-Apr-13 23:12:03

I like the other club idea. I supect TAMBA will have for sale boards etc. Jut didn't want to commit to monthly DD to join. Maybe I need to look into how long you need to join for? I guess if you can do a month trial I've nothing to lose?

bunnymother Wed 03-Apr-13 22:33:01

And, if you are prepared to pay for freight/postage, you could always ask your local twins club to ask other clubs to ask their members if they are planning / trying to sell a pram. Certainly worth a go, I would have thought. Also, you could put up "pram wanted" signs at local playgroups / sure start. It might prompt someone to sell who has been meaning to.

somanymore Wed 03-Apr-13 22:24:37

Ah - bunny I never thought of that!

bunnymother Wed 03-Apr-13 22:17:09

The local twins club etc probably has members looking to sell their prams etc. ours does.

somanymore Wed 03-Apr-13 22:09:30

Looked at TAMBA website but mumsnet looks more fun - plenty of stuff not baby orientated to pass the time with wink

Have details of local multiple group at surestart. There is 1 yo triplets there so at least I know there will be someone who can advise - or nod wisely and sympathise!!!

somanymore Wed 03-Apr-13 22:07:08

beehaving that's exactly the one I was looking at!. I quite liked it in red.

I have looked at the side by side buggies but they look like they're for 6 months plus? I would also be worried it isn't sturdy/ supportive enough for 3 tiny premature babies?

I love the idea of 1 carrycot for them all! Not sure they'll remain small enough long enough though and think my husband will have a heart attack at the thought of buying two pushchairs!!!! He's till recovering from finding out the price of a triple and I haven't told him yet that doesn't include raincovers/ foot muff etc etc!

BeehavingBaby Wed 03-Apr-13 21:50:35

meant to post the review, not the actual buggy:

www.pushchairtrader.co.uk/en/pushchair-reviews/abc-adventure-buggy/

Ihateparties Wed 03-Apr-13 21:49:13

See.. ABC or double carrycot ^ smile

I would be a sucker for them all in one carrycot personally

bunnymother Wed 03-Apr-13 21:47:13

Congratulations!! There are triplets near us who use a Maclaren (3 in a row, side by side), but not sure if that would work for you. Have you joined Tamba and your local twins club? Both excellent resources, IME.

Ihateparties Wed 03-Apr-13 21:45:29

I don't know a great deal but in as much as I do know I think you have answered your own question with the abc really. There are some valco doubles with add on seats too but I think not suitable from newborn.. will look into it. Abcs are easy to import direct from the makers, not so sure on valco. There is a mountain buggy triple too.. stating the head slappingly obvious... it's very wide.

One other thing i have heard of people doing is using a mountain buggy duo with the double width carrycot on for all 3 babies, which has seen them through a period of time until they can consider different options after that.

Congratulations though, sounds daunting but very exciting grin

BeehavingBaby Wed 03-Apr-13 21:44:44

Any good?

adventurebuggycompany.com/triplebuggy.htm

Congratulations! Was also thinking would a double carrycot actually suit them for quite a while? They'll probably be quite dinky even once home I would have thought?

somanymore Wed 03-Apr-13 21:34:10

Hi all I'm new to Mumsnet - here by recommendation from my midwife.

I have a son (9) and 2 stepsons (5&8). I'm 20 weeks pregnant with triplets. (identical girls and a boy!)

The pregnancy was planned in that we decided to stop contraception and leave it up to fate. Triplets was a shock to say the least!

We know it's likely they will be premature - looking at 36weeks for planned c section. Atm we have a picasso car as all 3 boys use boosters. We are looking at a minibus as its the only way to transport us all as we have my husbands sons every weekend.

Therefore we are looking at buying a pushchair that folds down but we should be OK space wise once it's folded. We've decided, well looks like the only option we have tbh!, that we'll need 3 car seats and a seperate pushchair.

Also having 3 boys we do a lot of walking in woods, round lakes, along the beach so all different terrains. I will be walking my son to school which is a 20 minute round trip so something easy to manauvre on busy uneven pavements is a must.

I used a sling aswell with my son so a triple with a detachable seat making a double would be a bonus as would be happy to sling them on a rota - or if one needs that attachment I can use a sling with that one.

I know I don't ask much do I?!

Any suggestions/ recommendations are welcome. I quite like the look at the ABC triple pushchair if anyone ha any comments about this?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now