Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Which is best - Bugaboo Bee or Nuna Pepp?

(34 Posts)
anna080 Tue 19-Mar-13 15:09:01

I have a DS who is now 9 months old, and am looking for a lightweight pushchair that will last him until he doesn't need it anymore! He is average weight and height. I have narrowed it down to either the all black Bugaboo Bee or the Nuna Pepp. Which one would you recommend? Thanks in advance!

abbyfromoz Wed 27-Mar-13 11:20:28

Anna i wouldn't say so. We've had ours 2 years now and it gets thrown around in and out if the car... Dogs always on top of it (grrr!) on and off buses... I have only ever noticed one scratch and i blame DH! Lol

anna080 Wed 27-Mar-13 11:34:06

That's put my mind at rest, thankyou! I just read one random review somewhere where the person said they wouldn't get the black again due to scratches showing easily - obviously they weren't careful enough! I am very precious over my pushchairs though, if there was ever a scratch it would be down to my DH too :-)

Tiggywunkle Wed 27-Mar-13 21:41:05

I havent spotted any scratches on my black Bee and its taken all over the place. Having said that, I dont go over it with a fine toothed comb either. But I am sure I would notice if it was badly scratched! I have had mine over a year now (surprising given I am not its biggest fan, so it must have something because the Nuna has gone!)

anna080 Thu 28-Mar-13 08:52:00

Thanks Tiggy, that's reassuring. I know they get the odd scratch but would be upset if it started looking really bad! I have decided to go ahead and order the Black Bee, and will keep an eye out on eBay and Gumtree for any second hand Nunas that come up.

zgaze Thu 28-Mar-13 09:00:16

There's some real bargains for second hand Nunas (I.e. the original M&P sold one) I got my flawless condition one on eBay for £23! I adore it, it's equally comfortable for my small (16lb) 15 month old DD and my exceedingly lazy 3.5 year old DS. I too can't understand why they're not more popular really.

anna080 Thu 28-Mar-13 09:06:45

Wow £23 is a bargain! I've been looking on eBay recently and the M&P ones seem to be going for about £50, but they have been collection only and miles away from me. Hopefully something will come up soon though. When I've chatted to friends no one seems to have heard of Nuna which is strange, as I agree they seem like a great pushchair.

Badgerhoney Thu 28-Mar-13 09:27:44

I have a new bugaboo bee and took it out for the first time with my two week old son yesterday and so far I really like it. So compact for shops, lifts, public toilets and tight corners, etc. Fine on my rubbish local pavements, but obviously not as solid feeling as some of the bigger prams I imagine, and a bit shaky over a gravel patch I had to go over, but baby didn't even stir so not a problem.

Have only used the frame with a car seat. It sits higher than the actual pram seat, which is quite low but I think I'll be ok with that. It's very light to carry and fits in the car boot with room to spare. We got the metal washers for the wheel shimmy and have put them on just in case, and the ride seemed very smooth.

Have black hood, silver frame and cream cocoon, I know the cocoon will get trashed but it was a display one on special offer and it seems to wash really well anyway. Looks pretty smart, for now. At first I thought the rain cover was crap but since realised I had it on upside down (doh) so it's actually fine if a bit of a snug fit.

It's early days but at the moment it seems like a good city pram.
Hopes this helps!

Badgerhoney Thu 28-Mar-13 11:29:04

Just realised my last post made it sound like I'm using the carseat as an alternative to using the pram seat, which isn't the case. Just happened to be that our first outing was in the car. Will be using the proper seat for everyday walking trips.

anna080 Thu 28-Mar-13 11:43:05

Badgerhoney that sounds great, glad it has been good for you so far. You never know until you start taking the baby out and about whether you will get on well with your pushchair! Your black/cream combination sounds lovely too. I'm looking forward to ordering mine now, off to do it this afternoon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now