Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

best deal for oyster with carrycot and britax shr II

(11 Posts)
me2013 Tue 19-Mar-13 14:13:30

been looking for the best deal for the oyster and carrycot and colour packs and would like the britax shr II allso need the height adaptors has anyone bought all this in a package deal and where to.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 24-Mar-13 20:39:45

We got it all from Kiddicare for £400 - she gave us a 10% discount because we bought the lot.

MrsExcited Sun 24-Mar-13 21:00:04

Precious little ones have some good combos

And it's an independent which I think is impressive

mememummy Sun 24-Mar-13 22:53:55

Just be careful with the height adapters it all felt very wobbly with it on tbh -but I didn't like my oyster any way-

me2013 Sun 24-Mar-13 23:10:30

Mememummy why don't u like the oyster what's wrong with it

mememummy Mon 25-Mar-13 10:21:33

I just found it really wobbly my DD seemed really low to the ground and not very protected and filled the seat by 9 months So I sold it and got a baby jogger and love it x

snala Mon 25-Mar-13 12:15:04

I found the oyster awful too, it felt cheap and rickety. The fabrics also felt cheap.
The hood never looked right, and the seat doesn't sit up properly, it makes the child sort of 'slump' forward.
I only kept it a week then ebayed it.

Ihateparties Mon 25-Mar-13 13:09:54

I wasn't an oyster fan either when it comes to use, the poor seating positions I agree with, although I think the size is fine and people have very different ideas of outgrown/filled the seat. I found the ride hard but the frame solid. I like that it folds forwards instead of of downwards because when you press down on the handle for kerbs you're pressing in the opposite direction to the fold instead of the same direction, which always feels wibblier to me.

BUT I think even though I didn't particularly like using it it has a lot of up sides, the fold, the narrow width, reasonable basket, good range adjustable handle etc. The lowish seat never bothered me, nor the fairly open sided seat.

Have you seen the very similar Mutsy Evo? The seat on that is better but the frame is bigger.

me2013 Mon 25-Mar-13 13:19:58

yes ive seen the musty evo i think this would be too big for the boot of my car as i have a zafira.

Ihateparties Mon 25-Mar-13 13:37:15

Oh you need all the seats up. Bother. Think i'd get a city mini or mini gt with carry cot or a versa if desperate for the parent facing. Boots deals very good atm with points value and discount code. Under 300 for a normal versa, not sure on carrycot price. Or am i barking up the wrong tree on on boot shape, i was thinking flat fold = good?

I don't think the oyster is bad, the versa is better imho. Also a britax b agile with carrycot or b motion, which is an air tyre better suspension version of the b agile. Also the new my child pinto has a lie flat from birth seat and looks really smart. Longevity etc unknown but I know tiggy liked the one she had on test in the past.

Tiggywunkle Tue 26-Mar-13 22:50:42

Look at the Mutsy I-Go - it seems to be very like the Evo but with a great flat fold smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now