Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Stroller for holiday

(9 Posts)
nicm Sun 24-Mar-13 19:49:15

I have a Maclaren techno XT and a Maclaren triumph for travelling, with a travel bag. I managed to get the triumph off gumtree locally for £20! shock it was like new and prefer it to the techno now for ds 2.

smile

poodletip Sun 24-Mar-13 17:15:45

I don't think you can beat Maclaren for lightweight umbrella fold buggies (and I've been through many alternatives). Not sure you'll get one for less than £50 though. Perhaps 2nd hand.

Petite Star Zia 3 wheeler is great. Folds tiny and lays flat and ha okay space underneath.

SandyChick Sun 24-Mar-13 17:08:54

I'm looking for the same grin

We have a bugaboo chameleon (2nd outing as it was ds1's). Ds2 is 11 months. I used the bugaboo with ds1 until he was 3. Never needed a lightweight buggy but its different with ds2. I could do with something lightweight and easier to store away under the stairs etc.

Ive been to mothercare today and have fallen in love with the maclaren techno xt but we just can't afford/justify the £210 price tag. I've been looking on eBay etc.

Mamas and papas have a sale on. They have their version of the maclaren ones for around £80. I haven't tried them out but I'm considering that over the maclaren.

femmeaufoyer Fri 22-Mar-13 12:17:22

Katandkit, is it really ok?? Can't believe how cheap it is! I'm looking for something to keep at grandparents when we visit from France and don't want to pay a lot as it will only be used a few weeks a year. Thanks

KatAndKit Sat 16-Mar-13 17:12:38

www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_37_10751_-1_14552_151449_10001_14051

This is what I have for holidays - it is great. Lightweight, full recline, easy to use, very very cheap. Can't complain at that price. Only defect is lack of viewing window.

HappyAsASandboy Sat 16-Mar-13 15:15:00

We have Obaby Atlas strollers for our children. They're light, fold small, lie flat and were £60 new.

If you are hoping for your child to sleep in the stroller, make sure it lies flat (or says suitable from birth). Lots only recline to 45 degrees or so, which doesn't help your child to sleep through the evening while you drink wine.

Have a lovely holiday smile

helebear Sat 16-Mar-13 15:07:17

We have a maclaren triumph which is great, it's one of the more basic maclarens but the seat still reclines for naps. It's small & lightweight & we've been using it almost daily since dd was about 10 months. Took it to portugal last year & was great. Was about £100 new but I'm sure you can get a 2nd hand one for less. I think you can also gets fairly cheap flight bags for them, which might be an idea as the hood on ours got a little rip in it.

stargirl1701 Sat 16-Mar-13 14:58:33

We are going to Italy in August with DD who will be 11 months. We have a Stokke Explory which is not going to be suitable for air travel.

We need a lightweight stroller but we don't want to spend more than £50. Any ideas? We would be happy with second hand too.

Help! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now