Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Do you have a BJCM and a Maclaren Quest - and a hefty two year old?

(9 Posts)
Wincher Wed 03-Apr-13 22:39:35

I replaced my Quest with a BJCM when DS was about 18 months - he's now 2.8 and we still use the BJCM. I far prefer it - it's much easier to push, especially one-handed, and I loved that it reclines fully for naps as for months DS would only nap in it (nap days are now sadly gone). It's great being able to get him out and fold with one hand when getting on a bus or whatever.

Tiggywunkle Tue 02-Apr-13 15:32:56

Agreed. The BJGMGT is even nicer wink

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Tue 02-Apr-13 10:14:11

the 4 is so much better than the 3. by miles.

3MonthMaid Mon 01-Apr-13 21:59:54

My only problem with the BJCM3 was that as DD got bigger she tended to lean forward in the seat, which kind of meant her weight was over the wheel and it made it harder to steer and push.

I think I would want to try the BJCM4 if I was going to do it again.

I loved the Quest though, only slightly less than I loved the Volo which I had from when she was 2.5. When I bought it my friends joked that it wouldn't even make it out twice as I would be bound to hate it, but I bloody loved it and its still alive and occasionally it gets a trip out! The weight distribution is fab on it and it can cope with everything

BJCM every time. I borrowed my friends quest when we visited recently and I really didn't like it and ds refused to sleep in it too.

LemonBreeland Mon 01-Apr-13 15:12:56

I would say the BJCM is much easier to push than a maclaren. I think it is just as your child gets larger most pushchairs will be more difficult to push.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 01-Apr-13 15:08:58

i had a bjcm3 and got rid for a quest. hated the quest and replaced with a bjcm4! grin my ds is 13kg and i can't even.tell he's in it the push it so light smile

pramdunce Fri 15-Mar-13 21:13:59

I had a Quest for my first child, and my friend has a BJCM. I much prefer the Quest. So so small and light and lovely, and it took my dd til she was 4. It's entirely personal preference I think.The BJCM feels quite big for a stroller, though the fold is marvellous. But the thing I really dislike is the handlebar. It's made of the same rubber as the Maclaren Techno's handles and it makes my hands incredibly sore to push all day, and I'm left with black runner marks on my palms hmm Much prefer the Quests soft spongey handles.

If so... which do you prefer? Which do you find easier to push one handed - which steers better - copes with shopping/bags better?

I have the BJCM and the 2 year old and sold the Quest months ago, now wondering if I did the right thing or if what I actually hate it pushing the large child rather than the buggy itself IYSWIM?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now