Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Double pushchair for baby & large toddler

(8 Posts)

An Emmaljunga double? I've just got the double of the Herqules second hand (have the single and love the size and sturdyness), it's massive, very comfy and has loads of underneath space and the hood is also a changing bag.

MummyNoName Fri 15-Mar-13 23:06:05

Yes to p and t's but it would be soo heavy to push with a big lad and a baby, all your baby stuff etc.

I have a big toddler and a baby and a p and t's and the buggy is great, literally no complaints. But I'd get a buggy board or similar if I was in your position.

Won't your 3 year old be starting full time nursery or reception so you wouldn't need a double all the time.

Tiggywunkle Fri 15-Mar-13 23:01:29

I was looking at the Dot this week and there's no way my 4 year old would fit in it. The Babystyle Oyster Max, TFK (as above plus the Twinner Twist Duo), Nipper, Baby Jogger side by sides, Easywalker Duo, Bumbleride Indie twin would all work for a bigger child.

Ihateparties Thu 14-Mar-13 21:46:29

He would fit in the phil and teds main seat but when you have a newborn onboard the toddler has to sit in the second seat put in the top position.. I suspect he will look pretty big in there but it's probably worth a try as it's easy to find them in shops and sit him in.

Otherwise nipper 360 side by side. A tandem is probably a better concept but don't tend to be as roomy for bigger children, of whatever age, just physically bigger generally. Mountain buggy +one might work or a tfk joggster twist with multi x carrycot and buddy seat. That would be my personal choice as it's basically a good quality comfortable single parent facing carrycot pram for a baby with a basic sibling seat underneath. Bit £££ well, a lot really.

Hmmm, I think there's a gap in the market for other stuff with the same concept as the joggster and buddy seat as a lot of people end up in a kind of 'i don't NEED a double but the extra seat wouldn't half be useful on occasion' situation.

Rhubarb78 Thu 14-Mar-13 20:44:51

The phil and teds dot says it's suitable for children up to 5 years so I assume the other models would be too

Bessie123 Thu 14-Mar-13 20:43:27

Out and about would probably work

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Thu 14-Mar-13 20:42:25

bump

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Thu 14-Mar-13 17:20:07

I know some peoples response will probably be 'he is too old for a buggy he should be walking'.... but..... I am keeping my options open on whether to get a buggy board or some kind of double pushchair for when baby arrives. DS is slightly above average weight/height but not massively so, he will be 3yrs 9months when baby comes (which I know is pretty old for a pushchair!).

Anyway, what would the options be for a baby and a large toddler? Would DS fit into something like a Phil & Teds? Any other suggestions if I did decide to go down this route?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now