Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Waiting time for pushchairs??

(12 Posts)
chickenfactory Tue 19-Mar-13 10:58:50

Oh thanks tiggy. I'd better get cracking then grin

Tiggywunkle Tue 19-Mar-13 00:04:05

In my experience, most of the UK pushchairs are imported. Therefore distributors are tied to when containers arrive in the UK. So you need to find out when containers are due in - because then there will be lots of stock, and you may find pushchairs sell out before the next shipment. Its the same with colours - if one shipment are all one colour, you may be waiting months for the colour you want. So be flexible and talk to your retailer.

chickenfactory Sat 16-Mar-13 23:27:14

Are other brands quite quick in comparison? Does it just depend on local stockists or is everything ordered for delivery from manufacturer? Thanks

Julezboo Mon 11-Mar-13 17:11:53

Depends on what you want but in our shop the wait for icandy isn't that long. New prices coming out at the end of the month though!

Tiggywunkle Fri 22-Feb-13 00:04:04

Yes, check on their website because a lot of stock is now available for next day delivery to stockists. So it depends what you want, and in what colour.

BB01 Wed 20-Feb-13 18:16:33

Ooh thanks Sucking, will have a look!

SuckingDiesel Wed 20-Feb-13 16:46:49

iCandy seem to have resloved the stock issues on some of their models. They have posted updates on their Facebook page with lots that are now available immediately.

BB01 Wed 20-Feb-13 15:56:00

Phew, reassuring that it might not be as bad for other makes. Would have thought Bubagoos would have a massive waiting list! Hmm guess it's another mark against the iCandy (only downside I can find so far is the price tag!).

Nicolaeus Wed 20-Feb-13 13:57:27

Think we had a 3 month wait for our red castle - but were advised to order it asap as 'no one works in August' (France)

Bought the next one over the internet (new) and was delivered in a week

Wearegoingtobedlehem Wed 20-Feb-13 13:57:09

Yes iCandy is a total nightmare, I ordered at 20 weeks, didn't get the carrycot until baby was 6 weeks!
If you look around you can often find someone who has one in stock ( although no one seemed to have the carrycot in stock when I called around)

youmaycallmeSSP Wed 20-Feb-13 13:54:17

Not usually. We got a new Bugaboo within a week. ICandys you need to buy before the child is even conceived and even then it's dicey hmm

BB01 Wed 20-Feb-13 13:35:56

DH and I went on our first shopping trip to look at puschairs last weekend and was horrified to be told you have to wait 4-5 months for some models! The woman was specifically referring to iCandys but suggested it is the same wait for some other popular ones. Is it generally the case with all of them, and is there a way round it e.g. to buy an older model (but first hand, if you know what I mean)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now