Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Do I splurge (new) or save (used)?

(4 Posts)
peanutMD Fri 15-Feb-13 07:31:33

Ended up going for the 3 Wheeler as I just couldn't justify the extra £90 for a 2nd pushchair.

The 4 would be better for stability but I don't like car seats on prams generally so it won't be used a lot just an option for the odd occassionsmile

Tiggywunkle Thu 14-Feb-13 23:18:00

Yes, a 4 wheeler will be much more stable when using a car seat. I ended up selling my 3 wheeler to get a 4, and it did make a difference. If you werent thinking of using a car seat then I would say get the 3 wheeler.

Snusmumriken Thu 14-Feb-13 13:45:31

A 4 wheeler would be more stable but I guess it would depend on if you think £90 is a lot of money or not. Personally, I hate spending money when I don't have to. I would be tempted to go for the used one and buy a nice sling with the extra money.

peanutMD Thu 14-Feb-13 11:38:39

Can't make my mind up!

I am 37 Weeks PG and looking for a compact pushchair and having previously owned a BJCM3 I've decided this would be good from newborn onwards for public transport or chucking in a taxi if needed.

We have a Cabriofix car seat which may he used occassionally on it so this also appeals but here is my dilemma...

I've found a bargain used one in excellent condition for £135 with footmuff and raincover or I could get the 4 Wheeler new for £225 with raincover.

So help me make up my mind for the sake if £90 does the extra wheel make that much of a difference?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now