Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Do I splurge (new) or save (used)?

(4 Posts)
peanutMD Thu 14-Feb-13 11:38:39

Can't make my mind up!

I am 37 Weeks PG and looking for a compact pushchair and having previously owned a BJCM3 I've decided this would be good from newborn onwards for public transport or chucking in a taxi if needed.

We have a Cabriofix car seat which may he used occassionally on it so this also appeals but here is my dilemma...

I've found a bargain used one in excellent condition for £135 with footmuff and raincover or I could get the 4 Wheeler new for £225 with raincover.

So help me make up my mind for the sake if £90 does the extra wheel make that much of a difference?

Snusmumriken Thu 14-Feb-13 13:45:31

A 4 wheeler would be more stable but I guess it would depend on if you think £90 is a lot of money or not. Personally, I hate spending money when I don't have to. I would be tempted to go for the used one and buy a nice sling with the extra money.

Tiggywunkle Thu 14-Feb-13 23:18:00

Yes, a 4 wheeler will be much more stable when using a car seat. I ended up selling my 3 wheeler to get a 4, and it did make a difference. If you werent thinking of using a car seat then I would say get the 3 wheeler.

peanutMD Fri 15-Feb-13 07:31:33

Ended up going for the 3 Wheeler as I just couldn't justify the extra £90 for a 2nd pushchair.

The 4 would be better for stability but I don't like car seats on prams generally so it won't be used a lot just an option for the odd occassionsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now