Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Any comments or reviews on a Mountain Buggy DUET?

(4 Posts)
rednblack Wed 13-Feb-13 16:56:29

Hi, we're looking for a new double pram for our soon-to-arrive 2nd. First child will be 19 months or so. Really like the idea of side-by-side prams - with the only concern being the width of them. Saw the MB Duet and thought this would combine the best of both worlds, as it's pretty much the same width as our previous pram. Has anyone out there got a Duet, and if so does it work well for you?
Many thanks.

Tiggywunkle Thu 14-Feb-13 23:24:15

I have a similar age gap and as the children got older, the seats were too close together. My eldest could poke, kick, and lift the hood off the baby. I ended up having to remove her shoes every outing (the kicking was accidental moving of her feet rather than intentional). The fabric when sitting the seat up after reclining all bunches around the child's heads. The handle is lower than you think so check this out. The fold is really large though - very large and needs a large floor space to fold in - so watch this. Personally I think there are better pushchairs out there.

Tiggywunkle Thu 14-Feb-13 23:25:01

Just to finish - I meant to say I think the Duet is better suited to twins than siblings.

rednblack Fri 15-Feb-13 10:36:29

Thanks a lot - both of us are perhaps taller than average so a lower than average handle wouldn't be the best. Combined with the other aspects we might go back and look at the Baby Jogger one - and accept the new pram will just be wider than we hoped for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now