Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mountain buggy swift vs baby jogger mini gt

(5 Posts)
KingKelly Wed 24-Jul-13 12:32:02

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MrWalker Wed 24-Jul-13 12:23:10

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

becsbristol Sun 10-Feb-13 17:16:18

That's great thank you very much.. I was leaning more towards the baby jogger due to the fold.. We have an estate car, but it has a dog crate in the back and the Baby jogger would fit down the side of the crate .. I'lll take a look at the elite as well

Thanks for the advice ...grin

Tiggywunkle Sun 10-Feb-13 13:35:21

Yes, first of all I dont know how rugged your paths are, but will the GT / Swift wheels be enough. Look also at the Urban Jungle / Elite as the bigger brothers of the GT / Swift.

The Baby Joggers are much more luxurious - both for the child and for the adult. There are more features and higher spec eg. more padded seats, mesh pockets for storage, handbrake etc. The GT seat and leg length is much much longer than the Swift. I dont like the way the Mountain Buggy fabric bunches around the child's head when you pull them up after a recline. The biggest difference for me is the handle height. The Swift is way too low for me, and when I have it high, I am practically on top of the pushchair. I am 5ft 6 ins. The GT handlebar is higher and has a better range. The folds are very different. The MB's have long folds which freestand. The BJCMGT has a flatter fold which can be done one handed ie without having to put the child down. You can walk and fold at the same time. The MB requires floor space as it folds flat to the ground. Its a 2 handed fold.

For me, there is no question the Baby Jogger is far superior.

becsbristol Sat 09-Feb-13 23:02:45

Hi... I'm looking for a travel system suitable from birth (with carrycot) which is suitable for dog walking, woods and costal paths etc as well as in the city ..

I'm looking at the mountain buggy swift and the baby jogger mini city gt... Anyone have an experience of either??

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now