Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Anyone bought a pushchair from the us?

(9 Posts)
goldie81 Tue 12-Feb-13 23:06:59

I've ordered buggy from nz - it's in uk customs at mo- waiting to find out how much import tax they want to charge me! Will let you know

Nanny01 Mon 11-Feb-13 16:10:59

Tax ie vat is high cant remember if you get taxed on pushchairs here as I bought mine on holiday.

Nanny01 Mon 11-Feb-13 16:09:29

If you can get it bought over that helps is there any one you know who might be able to do that for you.

ClairesTravellingCircus Sat 09-Feb-13 12:28:46

Importing to Italy. I know it will a bit different but just wanted to get an idea. Difficult to find info in italy.

Thanks smile

ImStickingWithYou Sat 09-Feb-13 12:17:19

I bought a double pushchair from the US, years ago. The import tax was about £30 but even with that, shipping and the actual cost of the pushchair it was still £150 cheaper than the english version. Have to add it took ages to arrive!!

mentallyscrewed Sat 09-Feb-13 12:14:25

That was about 5 years ago though

mentallyscrewed Sat 09-Feb-13 12:13:26

I had a blue camo p&t imported from the US before they were released in this country and didn't pay any import tax.

lljkk Sat 09-Feb-13 12:10:50

Where you importing to, Italy or UK?
Custom's duty + VAT apply, may get reduced rates for either/both. Country-specific.

ClairesTravellingCircus Sat 09-Feb-13 08:49:34

And was tax horrendous? I have found a BJCM GT double at a reasonable price even when including shipping. But wondering what import tax woild be like?
I live in Italy but imagine UK will be similar..
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now