Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo Buffalo!

(18 Posts)
Tiggywunkle Tue 12-Feb-13 23:33:10

The Buffalo wont be here until Autumn....so thats ages away....

Whatwhatwhat Tue 12-Feb-13 07:50:27

Now I really wonder did I do the right thing getting the cam !!!

Tiggywunkle Mon 11-Feb-13 23:33:07

Absolutely no idea!

Meanwhile I am sat here looking for flights to Europe because the Buffalo is being released there in a months time whereas it wont be here until the Autumn. Boooo hissss! Is that pramo madness or what???!!

Whatwhatwhat Mon 11-Feb-13 08:45:43

Tiggy (or anyone) do you know if the new extendable canopy on the buffalo could be used on the cam 2?

nellyjelly Mon 11-Feb-13 08:29:38

It is a pushchair. An over priced one at that! You are all mad.

mummysmellsofsick Mon 11-Feb-13 08:27:57

Does anyone know if the one piece fold works in parent facing mode?

forevergreek Sun 10-Feb-13 22:45:52

Hmm it looks like a cameleon with snow wheels. I don't really see a huge difference

Tiggywunkle Sun 10-Feb-13 13:51:20

TBH I can see where it fits. The Donkey (along with the Mimas) is probably the most dreamy pushchair to push. It glides along amazingly well. I had a Cameleon at the same time as the Donkey and there is absolutely no comparison in the push. However the Donkey, however much the back wheels are the same width as the Cam, just feels large as a single. It feels odd having the basket on the side, and I was worried about people taking things out of the basket. The underneath basket is wedge shaped and is shallow along one edge, so isnt the best, although not the worst either! I sold my Donkey (had been a Duo) because it was just too big as a single to be realistic. But the Cam was also no comparison after a Donkey.
The Donkey feels so sturdy and good off road, whereas off road with the Cam is a bit of a compromise.
The niggles of the Cam include the 2 piece fold, the handbrake, the 2 fold hood which covers the seat, the poor access basket.
So in effect, I think Bugaboo have done right in combining the two because they seem to have put the best of both pushchairs in one package along with what looks like a swing away bumper and changing bag clips as well.
The price has to sit between the Cam and Donkey, surely? So its another option really. In some ways, I agree that it seems weird that the Cam3 came out, but equally, I guess some people will prefer the smaller framed, smaller wheeled look, and if you are building a set of pushchairs, then the Buffalo really takes the true single up a notch IYKWIM and closes the gap on the Donkey, which really is quite different.

DoodleAlley Sun 10-Feb-13 12:55:56

But strange that they brought out a new chameleon? Never mind, just wondering what market people thought it was going to be aimed at.

I think it being heavier and my splitting to two makes it hard for me with my back but it's still interesting.

CruCru Sun 10-Feb-13 12:50:40

I've assumed that will ultimately replace the Chameleon in the same way the Chameleon replaced the Frog, Gecko etc.

DoodleAlley Sun 10-Feb-13 12:36:16

I don't get where it fits in, between the bee, cameleon and donkey. Maybe it will become clear.

I'm waiting for a cam3 for little one due in april and will keep an eye on details but as its not due til summer it's have to be good enough to justify cancelling my order and using my old pushchair til then. Seeing as its heavier I think probably not but would be interested in people's thoughts

femmeaufoyer Sun 10-Feb-13 12:07:22

It looks good but personally I would like to see Bugaboo do a really small/lightweight pushchair in the same category as the Zapp, Yezz, Yoyo. The Bee Plus, as their compact pushchair, is still pretty big I think. I'm a fan of small pushchairs! I have the Bee as my "large" travel system.

CruCru Sun 10-Feb-13 08:00:08

Damn. I like the look of this.

Tiggywunkle Sat 09-Feb-13 00:23:21

More here
I am sooooooo excited I could burst! I love this!!

milk Fri 08-Feb-13 15:24:58

grin

Vivienne52 Fri 08-Feb-13 13:29:34

YUM!

femmeaufoyer Fri 08-Feb-13 12:57:06
femmeaufoyer Fri 08-Feb-13 12:55:41

Yet more temptation...http://www.facebook.com/bugaboo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now