Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

really disappointed in the oyster max

(36 Posts)
Rhubarb78 Sun 03-Feb-13 21:44:11

saw it today in a baby show and put ds in the bottom seat, the top seat would have to be fully reclined for the new baby due in july but when it is fully reclined it is right in ds's face. I am so disappointed i really love the look of this pram and thought it was perfect until today. Now its back to the drawing board. does anyone know of a tandem where one seat can be fully reclined while giving the toddler space to breathe? I cant get a carrycot as i have a small car and it wont fit in the car so i want one where the main seat lies flat for the newborn

tripledimples Sat 21-Sep-13 10:19:49

Hi I was looking to buy the oyster max at the next baby show at olympia london on 25th oct 2013, this is my first time to a baby show. Was the oyster max available at a discounted price or are they just the same price as other retail stores. I cant seem to get it cheaper anywhere...everywhere is costs £528...does anyone know of a cheaper price.

the single carrycot does fit in single mode. in answer to the post above.

also agree with someone who commented on the op - if the reclined seat is rf it isn't near the bottom seat.

can't help on prices tho.

FrankieAadamsMum Tue 05-Nov-13 15:43:23

Hi, baby not due until next year.. Although cant help looking for new prams.
My son will be 2 when baby's born and really thinking ill need a double/tandem as he's a little runaway.
So far the best one I like is the oyster max and I'm thinking about buying it single with tandem lower adapters and getting a car seat. I'd also feel bad sticking my 2 year old at the back with nothing to look at after being in a quinny forward facing he wouldn't like it. Then he'd be at the top with newborn in car seat at bottom and I could keep an eye on, also then was thinking to either buy the other seat or even use it as a single pram after 6-8 months and try my
Eldest on a buggy bored (depending what he's like at the time)
Any other similar prams? Apart from Icandys (not fond) and anyone else tried this with there toddler and new born?

Cheers smile

car seat cant go on the bottom. I haven't actually tried it but know you shouldn't. if you give me a few days I'll try it if you like?

I think the view from the bottom is fine. my elder dd is fine with it..

FrankieAadamsMum Wed 06-Nov-13 00:58:34

A carseat can go on the bottom I've saw it
(Google pictures) and I saw it a baby store it had 2 car seats on for twins but I would only use one and the normal seat.
I'm sure you can use a oyster max car seat right on or you can buy maxi cosi adapters and use a maxi cosi carseat.

yes we have a maxi cosi with adapters.it will fit the clips, I'm not sure about the rest of the buggy - but obv yes if you have seen it. it I'm sure I read in the instructions that you shouldn't have one down there. anyhoo I'll check anyway

FrankieAadamsMum Wed 06-Nov-13 09:42:40

If you have the tandem adapters the maxi cosi ones should fit right on and then the carseat. Ill wait until after new year to see if anything new is out, if not.. Think
The oyster max is the one ill get, hope price drops a bit to lol smile

I could only get it on facing me which meant the top of the seat was too high to have a seat on the frame above.

I'm interested that you have seen pictures of two car seats on. maybe the risers would I make a difference.

in any event the car seat was too wide to have forward facing.

hope that is useful.

Tiggywunkle Fri 08-Nov-13 23:30:29

Ok, it is possible to have certain car seats on the bottom - I am not 100% sure but I think its the Oyster and Britax ones - so yes you can have 2 car seats on facing each other like this. It is possible to put a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix in the lower position forward facing see here HOWEVER Babystyle do not recommend this because you have to be 100% sure that the seat has been fitted correctly - the front blue side wings of the car seat hits the chassis and Babystyle were concerned about people not pushing the seat on far enough. So rather than put any child in danger, they said they preferred not to recommend it as an option.

chafi Wed 01-Jan-14 12:56:15

I am thinking to do exactly like FrankieAadamsMum...I am expecting a baby in May and my oldest just turned 2.

Front seat for the toddler and car seat for the new born then use it as single after few months.

carterhouse Wed 19-Feb-14 13:09:48

I used the b dual last year for a new born and 2yr old. I was very pleased and my 2yr old was very happy in the bottom seat. If you fold the top seat leg part up for new born and parent face it worked very well. Also the bottom seat fully reclines and with the cosy toes makes a very cosy ride. Best pushchair I have ever purchased and sadly no longer needed. I have also had the Phil and teds and I thought that was great until I got the b dual

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now