Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Baby jogger double....help!

(8 Posts)
Pascha Mon 04-Feb-13 01:52:09

I have a select but I do think the seats are small. DS1 (2.4) is cramped, the seats aren't very deep and his legs hang over the edge. He's not especially large either.

When I don't need the second seat I go back to the old BJCClassic which is much roomier.

Tiggywunkle Mon 04-Feb-13 01:18:18

I would say look at the City Mini GT too - its the combination of the Elite and City Mini without the disadvantages of both.
The City Select seats are far from small. But I had a City Select and it only lasted me 9 months before I had incredible pains up my arms from pushing it and was forced sadly to swap to something easier to push. I hadn't had any issues until then about pushing it. I loved it, but I simply couldn't push it any more.

Cakethrow Sun 03-Feb-13 09:28:26

Exactly the same thoughts as entmum.
I have the select and use it as a double and a single.
23 months between dd and ds1 and the same between ds1 and ds2.
I put the heavy DC near me so I can chat to them and the maxi cosi car seat on the back so I can see baby.
It is a little heavy with two of them but it is excellent on all terrains - I used it in the heavy snow recently with both DC in (ds2 is 4 weeks old) and managed to get up a very snowy hill (we live at the top). It took a bit of effort but was ok, even when 2 weeks post partum.
The seat size is fine - you can move the hood up to give DC more headroom

Good luck choosing and with your pregnancy smile

Locketjuice Sun 03-Feb-13 09:13:13

Thank you for your replies... Please tell me everyone else found it this hard to choose smile

honeyking Sat 02-Feb-13 22:12:45

Hi,

I bought an out 'n' about nipper double for my toddler and baby. I loved it. It is so light and the babies were always so comfortable and snug and slept like a dream.
I am selling it if you are interested.Its in great condition and selling for about £150. Based in North London.

Enjoy your pregnancy.

EntWife Sat 02-Feb-13 22:06:58

I have the select. I love it. It has been pretty solid on every terrain I have tried it on (snow, sand, mud, grass and normal pavement).

I don't find it hard to push but some do. The key is to get the weight balance right. The heaviest child must sit at the back (over the back wheels) and the littlest at the front (over the front wheels). Any other combination results in the push chair getting very hard to push especially if the ground is not even.

that combo worked for me as I had 2yo dd2 sitting in front of me chatting while sleepy newborn dd2 slept in the carseat at the front. Eventually dd1 got to big for the buggy so I stuck a buggy board on the back and we use it as a single. It will be back to a double in September when Dc3 arrives

I don't fine the seats are small at all. I found them quite spacious but the room between the seats when they are both facing the same way can be abit limited.

Hth smile .

dldl Sat 02-Feb-13 21:10:10

Sounds like the Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double would fit your bill. Has the better wheels than the City Mini, and isn't ridiculously heavy like the City Elite double was (think they don't produce it anymore).

Happy shopping!

Locketjuice Sat 02-Feb-13 18:59:43

So a little background...
I'm pregnant not due until August but want to get the buggy sorted live close to town... 10/15 min drive too long to walk but do end up there often shopping, also close to river/parks so I need an all rounder buggy ideally

Baby jogger city mini.. Is it rubbish on rougher terrain like grass etc

Elite... Is it really heavy?

Select.. Is it horrible to push and are the seats as small as they look?

Any help would be appreciated! And any suggestions welcome! smilesmilesmile

Tia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now