Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Help and advice urgently required!!

(7 Posts)

Hi all. First time mum, 35 weeks pregnant and only just beginning to think about pram/pushchair.

I don't drive and will be spending lots of time walking with baby, so would prefer a pram with a carrycot for the first six months or so, and have another part for pushchair when baby gets older. The other main factor is that I live in a very hilly area, have a flight of steps up to my house, and a slightly dodgy back that has been known to go into spasm when I do too much - so the pram needs to be very lightweight.

Any advice on what might meet these requirements? Already have a car seat so don't need a whole travel system. Have looked in various places but just feel totally overwhelmed...

PS, car seat is for hubby's car - he does drive, fortunately smile

Mosman Fri 01-Feb-13 09:22:48

Bugaboo Chameleon IMO
Ticks all boxes, is as light as you'll find and has good suspension and air tyres for pushing up hills.

Phoenix, I have literally just put my bugaboo chameleon online to sell second hand - used but in good condition - if you are interested PM me I am in Essex.

Whoops sorry just read the guidelines above about buying / selling on this board, have PM'd you Phoenix. Apologies MN HQ! blush

DoItToJulia Fri 01-Feb-13 09:43:09

The Maclaren with carry cot? Can't remember what it's called.

Nanny01 Fri 01-Feb-13 13:52:40

Baby jogger one of them then you can carry pushchair in one hand baby in the other. Literally just pull the handle in the middle of the seat and off you go. The city mini is light weight and bet you can pick a carry cot on eBay cheap enough. Boy wish I would take my own advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now