Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Holiday prams????

(13 Posts)
Katsand Thu 31-Jan-13 00:22:57

I'm really tempted to get the bjcmd. Will keep eye on eBay :-). I know partner will go mad though. Lol

popserinis Wed 30-Jan-13 22:23:20

Yep, it is the baby jogger city mini, best invention especially for travelling just goes up an down like a dream

Tiggywunkle Wed 30-Jan-13 21:13:50

Part of me says buy two singles, but two umbrella folds can take up a fair space in the car whereas a BJCMD would simply slide flat on top of your luggage with the wheels popped off. Both the BJCM and B-Agiles will have bigger seats than an umbrella fold. The measurements side by side are here
The BJCMD seats are much better than the B-Agile ones though.

forevergreek Wed 30-Jan-13 13:10:42

I would just buy two singles in your case. Older will probably not need to much longer ( you say you use rarely), and then next year you can use just one when eldest walks more without re buying. Or even add a buggy board if needed.

I wild look for two nanny jogger city minis if poss. They come up secondhand too, and if buying new still have a good resale value

Katsand Wed 30-Jan-13 07:42:43

Well i just sold my maclaren as my daughter just kept leaning forward as when she was leaning back she looked all sqwooshed. @ tiggywunkle does the b agile and bjcm have wider seats??? Or shall I just buy two separate umbrella folds as on holiday we are two so can push one each.

Tiggywunkle Wed 30-Jan-13 01:01:11

I bet its a Baby Jogger City Mini or a Britax B-Agile popserinis

LaVitaBellissima Tue 29-Jan-13 23:28:47

I have a Maclaren twin triumph for holidays, my twins are 26 months! I thought they had loads of time left to use it!

Katsand Tue 29-Jan-13 23:27:15

Thank you popserins

Katsand Tue 29-Jan-13 23:26:30

@ceeveebee. I looked at spec and its 3 cm wider than the maclaren so maybe it's more spacious. I just hated to see her looking squeezed.

popserinis Tue 29-Jan-13 23:14:18

Hi, my friend has the best buggy ever, it folds up in one movement through a handle in middle of seat so really easy to carry when not sing and small for a car. I will find out the name

ceeveebee Tue 29-Jan-13 23:11:38

I have an Obaby Apollo twin. Cheap, narrower than most side by sides, folds small and does the job. My 14 mo twins have plenty of room but I don't know whether it might be too small for your bigger DD?

Katsand Tue 29-Jan-13 23:08:27

So I finally made up my mind and bought the britax be dual. I took it for walk today and it is what I expected so I'm happy. My issue now is what I would use when I go holiday as I believe it's too big to take with you on flights and if you rent car ( we go Sweden at least once a year) you need space for suitcases etc. I just sold my maclaren twin triumph as I felt my 17 month old daughter looked so uncomfortable in it. So my options now are to buy 2 umbrella fold strollers or is there a side by side that are roomy but folds small enough to bring on holiday. I got a 4 months old and a 17 month old. Both children large for age. Any advice please????

Katsand Tue 29-Jan-13 23:04:33

So I finally made up my mind and bought the britax be dual. I took it for walk today and it is what I expected so I'm happy. My issue now is what I would use when I go holiday as I believe it's too big to take with you on flights and if you rent car ( we go Sweden at least once a year) you need space for suitcases etc. I just sold my maclaren twin triumph as I felt my 16 m

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now