Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Holiday prams????

(13 Posts)
Katsand Tue 29-Jan-13 23:04:33

So I finally made up my mind and bought the britax be dual. I took it for walk today and it is what I expected so I'm happy. My issue now is what I would use when I go holiday as I believe it's too big to take with you on flights and if you rent car ( we go Sweden at least once a year) you need space for suitcases etc. I just sold my maclaren twin triumph as I felt my 16 m

Katsand Tue 29-Jan-13 23:08:27

So I finally made up my mind and bought the britax be dual. I took it for walk today and it is what I expected so I'm happy. My issue now is what I would use when I go holiday as I believe it's too big to take with you on flights and if you rent car ( we go Sweden at least once a year) you need space for suitcases etc. I just sold my maclaren twin triumph as I felt my 17 month old daughter looked so uncomfortable in it. So my options now are to buy 2 umbrella fold strollers or is there a side by side that are roomy but folds small enough to bring on holiday. I got a 4 months old and a 17 month old. Both children large for age. Any advice please????

ceeveebee Tue 29-Jan-13 23:11:38

I have an Obaby Apollo twin. Cheap, narrower than most side by sides, folds small and does the job. My 14 mo twins have plenty of room but I don't know whether it might be too small for your bigger DD?

popserinis Tue 29-Jan-13 23:14:18

Hi, my friend has the best buggy ever, it folds up in one movement through a handle in middle of seat so really easy to carry when not sing and small for a car. I will find out the name

Katsand Tue 29-Jan-13 23:26:30

@ceeveebee. I looked at spec and its 3 cm wider than the maclaren so maybe it's more spacious. I just hated to see her looking squeezed.

Katsand Tue 29-Jan-13 23:27:15

Thank you popserins

LaVitaBellissima Tue 29-Jan-13 23:28:47

I have a Maclaren twin triumph for holidays, my twins are 26 months! I thought they had loads of time left to use it!

Tiggywunkle Wed 30-Jan-13 01:01:11

I bet its a Baby Jogger City Mini or a Britax B-Agile popserinis

Katsand Wed 30-Jan-13 07:42:43

Well i just sold my maclaren as my daughter just kept leaning forward as when she was leaning back she looked all sqwooshed. @ tiggywunkle does the b agile and bjcm have wider seats??? Or shall I just buy two separate umbrella folds as on holiday we are two so can push one each.

forevergreek Wed 30-Jan-13 13:10:42

I would just buy two singles in your case. Older will probably not need to much longer ( you say you use rarely), and then next year you can use just one when eldest walks more without re buying. Or even add a buggy board if needed.

I wild look for two nanny jogger city minis if poss. They come up secondhand too, and if buying new still have a good resale value

Tiggywunkle Wed 30-Jan-13 21:13:50

Part of me says buy two singles, but two umbrella folds can take up a fair space in the car whereas a BJCMD would simply slide flat on top of your luggage with the wheels popped off. Both the BJCM and B-Agiles will have bigger seats than an umbrella fold. The measurements side by side are here
The BJCMD seats are much better than the B-Agile ones though.

popserinis Wed 30-Jan-13 22:23:20

Yep, it is the baby jogger city mini, best invention especially for travelling just goes up an down like a dream

Katsand Thu 31-Jan-13 00:22:57

I'm really tempted to get the bjcmd. Will keep eye on eBay :-). I know partner will go mad though. Lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now