Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Any advice-side by side double with upright seat for large toddler (&newborn)

(6 Posts)
Conana Mon 28-Jan-13 18:59:39

Help please-I'm driving myself nuts with pushchairs!

Basically I'm looking for- roomy upright seat, good shopping basket and one handed push.

I'll be taking a newborn and 22 month old on school run (so I'll need to be able to push one handed for holding dd1 hand). I don't like p&t style, I think a side by side would be better for keeping them happy and I'm not worried about size as it's mainly for walking along flat pavements.

I went through the same thing when ds was born and ended up buying out n about but I find the seat isn't upright enough for them to look out and there's no shopping space. I ended up just using a buggy board but I know I'll have to force ds in a buggy in the morning until he's at least 2 &1/2 if I'm ever to get to school on time!

My ds is 99 on the centile so he'll need lots of space- I have an icandy apple which I love but he won't fit if I convert it to a pear.

Any ideas on Britax B-Agile or Mountain buggy? I've never seen a Mountain Buggy, does it have upright seats?

issimma Mon 28-Jan-13 19:19:11

I have the same age gap, and the BJCM double fits the bill.

Tiggywunkle Mon 28-Jan-13 23:55:05

The new Out 'n' About Nipper has more upright seats and if you buy the basket for either the old or new, you have loads of shopping space - the old one in particular is one of the best shopping pushchairs I had!!

The B-Agile has more upright seats than the Mountain Buggy. But the seating positions just aren't right on it. I would look at the Baby Joggers - City Mini and City Mini GT and a second hand Elite. The 2011 City Mini's have "sit upright straps" to make the seats go really upright.

Bugaboo donkey. My 95th centile 3.5 year old still fits in it 14 months after ds2 was born. Very upright, steers like a dream one-handed. Expensive but worth every penny. I have used it every day since it was bought.

cheapandchic Tue 29-Jan-13 14:21:35

Mountain Buggy Duet!

Conana Tue 29-Jan-13 19:34:12

Thanks for all the tips! Not sure our budget will stretch to the bugaboo donkey but I'm going to John Lewis tomorrow so will try it out and the Mountain Buggy Duet so I'll see what dh thinks! Just annoying you can't take them home for test runs.
Thanks for the tip about the Out 'n' About Nipper, ours is an ancient one so maybe I shouldn't discount a newer model.
It's so great to have fellow buggy addicts with advice on hand!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now