Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

icandy strawberry won't fold...help needed!!

(15 Posts)
miarosemum Fri 25-Jan-13 17:50:26

thought I would get some practice in folding and unfolding the strawberry before babys arrival and can not fold the damm thing...every website says once you know how to do it, it is easy to do but that is easier said than done! any words of advice from any strawberry users???!!!

GrandPoohBah Fri 25-Jan-13 18:00:07

Have you found the safety catch on the handle? You have to push the button on it and fold at the same time. There's a video on YouTube.

At least you're practicing - I realised I had no idea how to fold my iCandy cherry when I was standing in a car park ready to go home having been out shopping with DD shouting in the car seat! DH (who had done it up to then) wasn't answering his phone - I was very glad that I had a smartphone at that point!

miarosemum Fri 25-Jan-13 18:15:11

yes pressing the little button in and the larger button at the same time so handlebar moves down but just won't fold...very frustrating!!

miarosemum Fri 25-Jan-13 18:15:55

have looked at about 4 videos in total on you tube and they make it look so easy but it is just not happening confused

MrsRV Fri 25-Jan-13 18:18:24

Are you putting your foot on the metal bar at the bottom...???? That was our moment of clarity!!!

MrsRV Fri 25-Jan-13 18:20:17

The metal bar just above where the brake is... Put your foot on it, push 2 buttons in and push down and away from you....??

DeDevilTail Fri 25-Jan-13 18:24:22

It is easy once you've done it a few times.

Make sure the brake is on (I don't find I need to have my foot on the bar but it might help). Push the 2 buttons on the handle in together - when DP was having trouble folding it, it was because he wasn't pushing the little button in far enough. Push the handle down as far as you think it will it will go...and then push it a little further. Try to do it in one motion. It naturally stops at the shortest setting for the handlebar height but it will push down a bit further and that's when it'll start to fold. It's quite hard to explain. BUt I promise that once you crack it, you'll be doing it one handed in no time.

miarosemum Fri 25-Jan-13 18:47:16

yay............success thank you mrsrv and dedeviltail...made sure I pushed the handlebar a bit further down than it would go like you said, and it folded!! right off to practice again and again and again and again..............had visions of taking it back to john lewis to ask their help how to fold it with no baby in and people thinking I am a nutcase wallking around town with an empty pushchair! grin

MrsRV Fri 25-Jan-13 18:56:38

Yay!!! Love my strawberry grin

miarosemum Fri 25-Jan-13 19:06:49

I love it too..so happy with my strawberry!

DeDevilTail Fri 25-Jan-13 19:24:45

You'll be nonchalantly folding it one handed whilst fastening baby into car seat with the other in no time smile

I love my Strawberry too. It's a dream to push and DD is so comfy in it. Well worth the huge amount of money.

MrsRV Fri 25-Jan-13 19:52:39

Ha ha! Father-in-law bought ours... DD was born in March. Came to autumn/winter last year and we suddenly realised we needed a footmuff.... £85!?!?!?! Obviously we HAD to have it but jeez....

miarosemum Fri 25-Jan-13 20:29:02

Lol.. Yes was worried about telling dp I couldn't fold it..and he would have started going on about how much it cost! Money well spent though now I can fold it!

DeDevilTail Fri 25-Jan-13 21:06:36

The PiL contributed towards our Strawberry...they wanted to buy us the pram but I couldn't let them pay the full amount.

And yes, I nearly wept at the price of the footmuff but had to have it <mug> I justify it to myself by saying I'll sell it when we're done with it and get some of the money back.

Not seriously thinking of having another baby just so I don't have to sell it. Honest blush

Tiggywunkle Fri 25-Jan-13 23:46:54

Glad you sorted it out. I am still trying to master the "standing fold". I am getting better at it though smile Its very cool when you can manage it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now