Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Do I need the carry cot?

(57 Posts)
WeeS Thu 24-Jan-13 19:23:31

I'm due my first baby in July, so bear with me if this is a stupid question - do I need the carry cot bit of the pram if the baby will be born in July?

OH & I have started looking at 3 in 1 travel systems, but somebody said do we really need the carry cot if it's born in summer? confused

I thought I needed it all. Totally confused! HELP!

x

pipsytwos Thu 31-Jan-13 16:22:33

As far as I've researched newborns should be lying down flat. It's bad for their necks and backs to be in car seats all the time, and contributes to flat head syndrome. If you won't be taking them out much in it then I guess you could get away with it, but personally I wouldn't. In fact my dd is 5 months and still in the carry cot, she loves it. It always looks a bit sad to me when you see tiny babies in car seats or pushchairs, their little head can't support itself so it sort of lulls to the side-very uncomfortable in my opinion. Plus if I was sleeping I'd prefer to be lying down rather than sat up. Don't see why seasons have anything to do with it?

Hope that helps. Congratulations! How exciting for you grin

pipsytwos Thu 31-Jan-13 16:37:45

Oops just realised what I said had already been established. Serves me right for replying before reading all the replies! Sorry! grin

Tiggywunkle Fri 01-Feb-13 00:55:08

WeeS Well done for making a decision. I love my Peaches smile
Why dont you get Black Magic and then buy a colour liner to suit. All the Peach (old and new) and Peach Jogger liners supposedly fit. I would get Berry Bon Bon on the Black Magic base smile

WeeS Fri 01-Feb-13 14:58:09

pipsytwos I'm guilty of that too smile I didn't have a clue what difference the seasons made either, thought I was missing out on some great piece of knowledge only bestowed to those who have given birth lol

Tiggywunkle so excited about our pram! grin The Berry Bon Bon on the black base would be lovely smile And we'll have to buy a separate liner anyway as the new Peach 2 doesnt come with a liner included.

As OH said last night, "better to stick with black so if we have another one after it we can get the blossom and it doesnt matter if it's a boy or girl, black will still go" Errrrrrrrrrrrm...... just how soon is he expecting me to pop out another?!? shock lol Who knew men could be so sensible.

willowtreee Sun 03-Feb-13 00:10:55

hi, just wading in here, we have done exactly that, bought black magic stroller and got parma violet insert when had a girl, really wanted the bon bon but the parasol and footmuff aren't pink and wanted all to match. I love my peach, your price is excellent btw

willowtreee Sun 03-Feb-13 00:14:03

oh and we thought there wasn't much choice for boys colours but stockist naughtily showed us some preview pics of new colours out later this year, beautiful blues and greens if i remember correctly (not same as the sweet pea)

WeeS Sun 03-Feb-13 14:41:04

Oooooo that's good to know willowtree!!! There is a lack of imagination I think, when it comes to colours & patterns available on a lot of prams. I was thinking I might have to get creative and learn to use a sewing machine, but I think I'll hold out for the new colours now haha smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now