Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Another double buggy thread - sorry

(12 Posts)
Ihateparties Sat 19-Jan-13 22:02:01

Hmmm yes, we disagree a reasonable proportion of the time grin

Tiggywunkle Sat 19-Jan-13 20:44:44

In fact if you can get us to agree then the pushchair must be good / right!

Tiggywunkle Sat 19-Jan-13 20:44:01

....and we disagree often dont we... wink

Ihateparties Sat 19-Jan-13 16:43:57

Ha ha Claires sorry, not aimed at you specifically... just a general theme... I defer to tiggy too except for all those times when we disagree grin

ClairesTravellingCircus Italy Sat 19-Jan-13 15:57:24

Sorry Ihatepartiesblush, I just remember Tiggys from many threads!

Thanks again will check boot

Ihateparties Sat 19-Jan-13 15:43:46

<gives up as everyone defers to tiggy anyway> grin

Tiggywunkle Sat 19-Jan-13 15:10:39

The BJCMD with wheels off (so worst case) is just 18cms wide by 75.5cms by 78.8cms. With wheels on the width becomes 28.5cms wide. I honestly dont think you will get a smaller side by side.

ClairesTravellingCircus Italy Sat 19-Jan-13 15:04:46

Hi Tiggywunkle (was hoping you'd come one the thread wink1

the bjcs fits only if completely dismantled, ie wheels and adaptors off, but then there is no space for the seats!!

I do not need the 7 seats all the time, but I do use 6 every weekend (4dcs)

so you'd say that the smallest fold is the BJCM?

Thanks ever so much!

Tiggywunkle Sat 19-Jan-13 14:51:37

You dont get much slimmer for a side by side than a BJCMD. A BJCMGTD would give you the wheels for off roading though. The wheels are easy enough to pop off to go in the car. Did the BJCS fit in your car ok?
Do you need to use all the seats all the time. I assume you have experiemented with folding the BJCS as one piece and with one seat and the adaptors left on?
The Mountain Buggies are massive folded - really huge!
I can think of narrow side by sides but they are all pretty bulky folded other than the Air Buggy Mimi - and if a BJCMD doesn't fit then I dont see that fitting.
If you could wait another say 6-9 months then something like a Mountain Buggy +One could well be an option if your twins start to not nap.

ClairesTravellingCircus Italy Sat 19-Jan-13 09:56:34

thanks, yes I'd forgotten about the city mini, need to measure boot.

thanks!

Ihateparties Sat 19-Jan-13 09:10:43

That blummin duet and its folded size, they are huge, i had one and realised after a while that it had no chance of ever fitting in our car. I don't know about size of fold, i suspect it's not tiny but next in line for narrow is the most recent nipper v2 at 72cm.

Again another one to look into that folds in one piece is the tfk joggster twist with buddy seat. Tandem as oppose to side by side but sounds quite suitable on the other points. Can see why side by side better for older twins from view and fairness point of view but it still might be worth a quick look.

After the duet and nipper you're into mb duo, airbuggy mimi and baby jogger city mini and city mini gt widths, so 74 to 75.5. I used to put my bjcmd in my yaris boot with the parcel shelf displaced, it's probably flat enough for your boot... probably :-)

ClairesTravellingCircus Italy Sat 19-Jan-13 08:09:57

I really hope you guys can help me make a decision as I can't! (nearly 12 months of sleep deprivation may have something to do with this)

I have nearly one year old twins, and so far have been using a BJCS, which I have been quite happy about, but now the whole dismantling reassembling thing is wearing very thin with me. I have two older dcs and on average get out of the house with the car twice a day minimum, it means folding etc 4 times!

What I would wantis a buggy that

1 folds in one piece
2 not too bulky when folded as it needs to fit in a vw touran in 7 seater mode (I know I am having a laugh ain't I??)
3 quite narrow
4 other things to consider, we do go for walks on slightly rough ground, and we live in a very hilly area

I would go for the MB Duet were it not for the huge fold, I would prefer a side by side now but I am put off by their width sad

something got to give doesn't it??

thanks in advance for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now