Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Tilted BJCM carrycot - how to get it to lie flat?

(4 Posts)
TwitchyTail Sat 12-Jan-13 19:23:21

I bought the compact carrycot for the Baby Jogger City Mini (single) and attached it, but have noticed it slopes downwards from front to back. It's only slight but I imagine enough to cause the baby to slide down to the foot of the carrycot... Lifting the base manually straightens it out but it won't stay that way without support.

I wonder if it's because I'm using it without the seat unit, but I would prefer to use it this way if at all possible.

Does anyone have suggestions? Is there something simple I'm missing?

Tiggywunkle Sat 12-Jan-13 22:42:32

I assume your adaptors are attached correctly. To be fair, quite a lot of carrycots have a slight tilt on it, but if its bothering you give Kooltrade in Manchester a call and have a chat about it.

Tiggywunkle Sat 12-Jan-13 22:42:58

Would putting something under the mattress at the foot end help at all BTW?

TwitchyTail Sat 12-Jan-13 23:57:43

Thanks Tiggywunkle smile Pretty sure adaptors are attached correctly. The tilt is only slight so I may be worrying over nothing - maybe once it's got the weight of a baby at the top end it will balance out? I just had visions of the baby slipping down and ending up in a crumpled heap at the bottom.

I tried putting something under the mattress (it's the head end that's higher) but it didn't help. I have managed to rig a adjustable strap (from my laptop case!) to pull down the head end and this seems to work pretty well, so might just use it like that if all else fails. I'll give Kooltrade a call though. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now