Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

muff issue

(9 Posts)
flipflopson5thavenue Sun 13-Jan-13 15:45:12

tee hee, 2nd hand muff...

GoldPlatedNineDoors: I'm glad I wasn't the only one! grin

saycheeeeeese Sat 12-Jan-13 08:45:14

Should add tbey are warm enough for winter too, nice and fleecy.

saycheeeeeese Sat 12-Jan-13 08:44:38

Try a buggy snuggle, it fits most prams/buggys and is a bit lighter than a muff so your ds wont be roasted when spring comes!

I got a couple of different designs 2nd hand on ebay.

Tee hee hee at the thread title.

flipflopson5thavenue Sat 12-Jan-13 08:31:34

thanks Tiggy, good tip re forward facing, I'd not thought about that. I might even get a Morrck blanket instead as it can be transferred to car seat/travel pushchair etc. DS has def grown out of the cocoon, the whole thing is becoming distorted in shape when he's in it and it looks like he's been poured into it...!

I also like the idea of mutilating a generic foot muff :-)

Startail Sat 12-Jan-13 02:07:48

No idea, I know I cut slits in a Mothercare one and button hole stitched them to fit the baby harness in a mountain buggy.

It's not very difficult unless the muff is really thick.

Tiggywunkle Sat 12-Jan-13 01:30:44

I wouldn't worry. The Bugaboo footmuff also has strap holes unlike the Cocoon which has the long holes. So many 5 point universal footmuffs will fit the Bee. The beauty of the Bugaboo ones is that they have the hooks at the rear to attach the footmuff properly underneath the hood.

However, please dont take this the wrong way, but I put a Bugaboo footmuff onto my Bee at the start of the winter and it got in the way of the brake, the fold, the unfold and generally was long and dangling. My suggestion given its mid January would be to have a critical look at the cocoon and see whether your baby really has grown out of it, or whether with the head hugger removed etc, you could make it through to spring with the cocoon? I know my large birth weight baby stayed in his Bugaboo Cocoon until he was around 10 months old. I haven't used my Bee since the first few outings with the footmuff on and I think I would rather use a snowsuit / fleece trousers etc whilst my son is parent facing. The footmuff works much better forward facing and by next year, you may be wanting to do this rather than parent face?

flipflopson5thavenue Fri 11-Jan-13 16:57:28

hello, I bought a second hand bugaboo bee and cocoon when DS was born and he's now 6 months and outgrown the cocoon. I really don't want to spend £80 on the bugaboo footmuff and they don't seem to go for all that much cheaper on ebay.

Can anyone tell me if the John Lewis universal footmuff (I think they come in blue or red with big white stars) fits the bugaboo bee? My main concern is with the strap holes in the footmuff which are small, whereas the bugaboo cocoon has long horizontal holes lengthwise because the pushchair doesn't have a standard 5 point harness really.

wonder if anyone can shed any light onto this for me... I could of course go to John Lewis and have a look but I don't have one close by!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now