Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Best buggy for London 6 months plus

(8 Posts)
Andcake Mon 07-Jan-13 12:44:33

Help plead- since ds was born we have been using part of a friends travel system and will be looking o get a buggy soon for when lo is 6 months. We don't have a car but go on lots of buses and the odd tube but we live quite central o most places I need to go on my own are easy to get to by bus.
We walk quite a bit too but not on rough terrain. Maclarens sound ok but which one for 6 months plus.

forevergreek Mon 07-Jan-13 14:40:51

If you can afford to the bugaboo bee

HandMini Mon 07-Jan-13 23:18:46

Maclaren Techno if you want cheap and cheerful and lug it on and off public transport a lot, Bugaboo Bee if you want what all the other London mummies have, M & P Urbo if you think the Bee's a rip-off or Babystyle Oyster if you want something a bit different.

pinkpeony4 Tue 08-Jan-13 12:54:24

Baby Jogger City Mini is brilliant. I live in London and have used it on buses/tubes/trains etc.. with no problem at all. I have had a LOT of buggies (Bugaboo Cam, Maclaren, P&T, Nipper etc..) and this one is definitely my favourite.

Tiggywunkle Tue 08-Jan-13 22:08:50

Baby Joggers, Bugaboo Bee or Stokke Scoot.

Andcake Fri 11-Jan-13 17:38:13

Thank you... I was hoping to avoid being a bugaboo clone. Although if buying one from birth probably would have gone that way. We're off to look at them in the shops over the weekend and will have a look at those recommended. Maclaren appeal (as basically everyone i knw recommends them) but I would prefer a crossbar handle. The urbo looks good but I've read the smaller front wheels make it a bit unstable? Also like the look of the baby style oyster. Thanks again.

Tiggywunkle Sat 12-Jan-13 01:23:50

The Urbo is really hard on your hands - lack of suspension. The Oyster is pretty good. The Mutsy Evo too and the Baby Joggers.

Matl Sat 12-Jan-13 02:17:52

Baby jogger city mini...easy to manouver, narrow and as light as bugaboo beee and so easy to fold!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now