Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Ordered baby jogger city versa gt ahhhhhhh!

(19 Posts)
RoyMum Sat 05-Jan-13 17:46:15

So I've sent through my order after viewing, very apprehensive. Went for the gt as I was ok pushing down on the handlebar as unlike my cameleon the bar doesn't wobble and therefore I had more umph shall we say! Bit concerned the basket material doesn't look strong enough to hold milk and veg from my shopping but well see! Decided gt would cover all our options, but does anyone know what carrycots can be used on it for future baby (hopeful!) only other issue was carrying, it is heavy but main issue was length at 5 3 it touched the floor almost so dh can carry it if necessary!
Embarrassingly thanks to you lot I knew way more than the sales assistant who irritated me from her lack of knowledge!

peanutMD Sat 05-Jan-13 18:24:23

grin I'm very jealous as couldn't justify the cost for last baby sad

I think the Versa takes the Baby Jogger carrycot and the Maxi-Cosi car seat of required.

dldl Sat 05-Jan-13 20:45:38

Ooooh so jealous. Really debating putting my BJCE on Gumtree (it's in pretty good condition) and treating myself. The Versa GT just ticks all the boxes. So so so tempted.

Where did you order from?

Tiggywunkle Sun 06-Jan-13 00:09:21

Well done you!
The Versa GT is a fabulous pushchair Tiggy lovingly strokes her Versa GT

Believe me the shopping basket is deceptively strong!! Its similar to the City Select one and I piled that continously with weeks worth of shopping, stuff for days out etc. So dont worry!!

Re carrycots - there is a specific Versa carrycot. It takes City Select / Versa car seat adaptors.

The Versa is long when folded but part of that is the front wheels. The box it arrives in is tiny!!

RoyMum Sun 06-Jan-13 14:11:54

OMG having a nightmare trying to find a buyer for my Cam..DH is not impressed. Hi sorry dldl I didn't get back to you re price I wanted to check I had it right. I got from Practical Pushchairs in Kingsclere Hampshire I think that's address lol. I've spent all weekend trying to sell stuff to pay for it!!

dldl Sun 06-Jan-13 18:12:18

Eeek - good luck selling the Cam...I'd just keep reposting every couple of days on gumtree - it only takes one buyer clicking on at the right moment to see it. Am sure you will sell it.

Enjoy your new pushchair - you will be the envy of lots of mummies!

Thanks for the info.

RoyMum Mon 07-Jan-13 07:24:06

Thanks dldl, I'm refusing to go lower to 240 as I did up the first gen chassis to brand new tailored fabrics and replaced both sets of wheels, including the foam rear ones. It's annoying they brought out the newer one! The improvements are minimal, I mean snaps on basket rather than Velcro?! Etc etc. I'm moaning......grin

RoyMum Mon 07-Jan-13 13:39:12

It's arrived!! Oh my god I love it!! And sold cam smile

Tiggywunkle Tue 08-Jan-13 00:45:14

smile Glad you are happy!

SpannerPants Tue 08-Jan-13 15:07:34

I've just ordered my versa grin picking it up on Thursday! My local pram shop agreed to price match it to Winstanleys too so got it for £359 plus rain cover plus free service.

RoyMum Tue 08-Jan-13 18:36:28

Tiggywunkle I notice that the shopping bag sags when I ave even just my boys little bag in it...any ideas how to make it stretch less? It's my only complaint, suspension IMO is not that far off the cam, least I haven't noticed the difference much x

Tiggywunkle Tue 08-Jan-13 21:54:32

They do just sag - it's stretchy material.

MummytoRF Wed 17-Apr-13 19:23:27

Hello, just found this thread on google when looking into buying a city versa. Just wondering if anyone had any advice. My baby is 4 months and I currently have a mamas and papas zoom however I
am not very happy with it as just find it very bumpy and no good for even tame off road conditions or bumpy pavements. I've seen the Versa for sale on ebay for £200 and am considering buying and selling my zoom as I've read the versa has good suspension. Would you recommend the versa? Any help appreciated. Don't know if I should do it or not. X

StrawberryMonkey Thu 18-Apr-13 12:49:12

The baby jogger city versa has good suspension. But the wheels are the lightweight but rather hard city wheels.
The versa gt has more rugged "forever air" tyres which are a little better on say ice, gravel, woodland walks, cobbles etc, and though the front wheels have good suspension the rear wheels have none. This lack of rear suspension is slightly compensated by the more rugged wheel and tyres but the push isn't quite so light feeling as that of the city versa.

Tiggywunkle Thu 18-Apr-13 21:30:57

I agree with Strawberry. The Versa is fab. I would go for it.

MummytoRF Sun 28-Apr-13 06:42:05

Thanks for your help. Am still thinking about it but just can't decide if I should go for normal or gt. can get a normal for cheaper on eBay but will that handle ok for occasional woodland walks etc or should I just spend more on GT??? aghh I'm not sure. I'm totally pram obsessed at the moment and haven't told Dh my plan yet. Sorry for hijacking post. X

GoombayDanceBand Sun 28-Apr-13 07:12:26

I've got the GT and I really like the wheels - they are prettier imo smile

Yes it had slightly hard suspension but still fine. Watch out if buying from ebay - I've had to have two separate things sorted out on mine, which came from a proper shop - first of all the seat unit had a chip off the plastic, so they sent me a new frame for that, and secondly the handle kept dropping, so it had to be returned for 2 weeks while they replaced the handlebar.

I'm not sure if these things would be covered if you bought from ebay, you don't want something you cannot use iyswim. The handlebar thing is a known issue apparently. Plus you might be buying a pre-recall versa which also has the risk of folding when in use.

simplynails Mon 29-Apr-13 00:33:58

MummytoRF this is exactly the same situation I am in. Just can't decide on the versa or versa gt, it's driving me crazy as really don't want to make the wrong choice and I am unable to see either in real life to help make my decision :'(

Yespleasetotea Fri 26-Jul-13 22:21:15

Did you make a choice? Would love to hear how you got on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now