Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

help me decide pls. baby jogger versa or versa gt?

(19 Posts)
Tiggywunkle Sun 30-Dec-12 00:29:42

Glad you have made a decision smile

strawberrybubblegum Sat 29-Dec-12 15:34:23

I've ordered the GT grin grin

Although we live in the suburbs, we are quite outdoorsy (pre-pregnancy, anyway!), so although I find it quite hard to imagine what life will be like once there are three of us, I figure we're likely to still enjoy doing non-urban things, and I'd rather have a pushchair which works well off-road.

Thank you for all the help!

Tiggywunkle Sat 29-Dec-12 02:20:42

I agree..get the regular Versa. I have been off road with mine through farmland and it was fine with locked front wheels. One of my issues is that I am better with the harder Versa GT suspension as I need a tall handle. The bouncier Versa suspension leaves me fiddling with the handle height. I never noticed until I got the Versa GT. however being shorter this would be an advantage to you.

Ihateparties Fri 28-Dec-12 15:55:51

The ordinary one is capable enough, it' s very very light to push, which is what you wanted. I think in your situation i would get that :-)

RoyMum Fri 28-Dec-12 07:39:13

He he looks like we're all in the same boat then ;) !
Great pictures on bestbuggy!
I am now totally confused though and to top it off my cam seat recline buttons just broke sad
I don't really off-road, just visit park but we do occasional muddy trails so Don't want to get caught short! But the hard suspension is putting me off as I'm only small and not massively strong!

Tiggywunkle Thu 27-Dec-12 23:31:10

Being honest I wish I hadn't seen both side by side!!! Just choose one...they ate both awesome. Someone choose for me which to keep coz I swing both ways!!! Lolol

strawberrybubblegum Thu 27-Dec-12 20:58:25

Thanks, Tiggy. That's really helpful.

I'm hoping that once I've seen the GT, I'll be somehow be able to make a decision between the two! It does sound like either choice would be good though, which is nice to know for an indecisive person like me smile

Tiggywunkle Thu 27-Dec-12 20:44:47

Just to add I mean noticeably heavier to push and tip up kerbs - not in kgs. I can't tell the difference in kgs with one Versa in each hand.

Tiggywunkle Thu 27-Dec-12 20:15:50

Yes the suspension is different. The Versa has all round suspension - you can see the springs on the front wheels and blocks on the rear axles. The Versa GT just has front suspension and the argument is that the GT wheels provide the missing suspension. There is no doubt there is a difference - the Versa is pretty bouncy and you can see the suspension working. It's really light to push and tip up a kerb even with a heavy child on board. The GT is much harder but not bad - its nothing like as hard as the Cruz or Urbo. I am fine with it. The Versa GT is noticeably heavier. I am struggling to decide between the two. And yes, I have tried a hybrid but it's way too bouncy for me!!!! So it's GT off road wheels vs bouncy suspension. I have taken my regular Versa off road and it was fine but the GT wheels are fab and I prefer them. This might be useful.

strawberrybubblegum Thu 27-Dec-12 18:03:04

Ooh, Winstanleys are doing the standard Versa for £359 and the GT for £429, both including the raincover (which is £20.99 rrp). I don't know about stock levels though - I'll have to phone them.

Thank you Tiggy - it was in another Versa thread you suggested trying them!

strawberrybubblegum Thu 27-Dec-12 17:46:41

For anyone else looking in SW London, Peppermint Clapham Junction have the Versa in the shop, and Peppermint Kingston are getting the Versa GT into the shop in the next few days. I tried the Versa in Clapham Junction, and it feels lovely!

£340 and £380 sound like really good value to me, RoyMum: Peppermint are selling them for £400 and £450! They've got 5% off just now, but that's still a big difference. Who are your stockists?

I'm a bit confused about the GT suspension. The Baby Jogger site lists 'all-wheel suspension system' in both the Versa and the GT feature list. Are they completely different suspension systems Tiggy?

RoyMum Sun 23-Dec-12 17:19:43

Thank you so much smile dh states i better make the right choice! so having a pushchair legend to ask is fantastic! i know when i go to the shop the sales lady will be hovering so i won't get the opportunity to really try it! many thanks the gt it is!

Tiggywunkle Sun 23-Dec-12 16:28:30

Ok, I have had a Versa and Versa GT out today and there is a noticable difference in the rear suspension. The Versa is much more bouncy as the Versa GT has no rear suspension. But the front suspension seemed better / more responsive on the Versa GT but I dont know if thats just because they are still new pushchairs. The Versa GT wheels are much better though.
I honestly can't feel the weight difference - I carried both at once and I couldn't have chosen which was heavier. But the Versa GT is certainly not like the Cruz or Urbo to push (both much too hard for my hands!). Its fine - and as I said before I hadn't noticed the difference. It's only having put the two together that I could see the difference.

Tiggywunkle Sat 22-Dec-12 23:32:30

I have got mine and it's fab. I haven't particularly noticed the additional weight or different suspension but I felt the benefits of the wheels in the ice. The day before the Versa GT arrived the pushchair I was using slid off the pavement on the ice (with the brake on!). The next day was worse and the Versa GT simply stuck to the pavement.

RoyMum Sat 22-Dec-12 21:12:45

Thank you for the advice smile i was worried about the lack of rear suspension and additional weight. have you received yours tiggywunkle? i keep checking best buggy for a review. my local stockist has the standard for 340 and gt for 380 is that good value? i just would like to hope the resale would be good in a few years? I'm probably only going to get 200 for my first gen bugaboo cam sad

Tiggywunkle Sat 22-Dec-12 15:27:10

For the extra hmmm is it £20-30, the GT is worth the extra especially if you want an all rounder.

I think Peppermint might sell the GT, but at present this is a one off batch to see how the GT sells, so if you want one, phone round and grab one. There may well be no more!! Only certain Baby Jogger stockists have them - I think Ladybugs, itsababy, Winstanleys and Anklebiters had stock.

strawberrybubblegum Sat 22-Dec-12 10:52:32

Does anyone know of stockists for the gt version near south west london? Or is ordering online the best way to go?

misdee Fri 21-Dec-12 18:03:00

All rounder. Gt version!

Am hoping they don't sell out before I get paid!

RoyMum Fri 21-Dec-12 18:00:27

Hi!
finally my local stockist has these in but she tells me the gt version is selling better? so should i get gt? i currently have a bugaboo but do mainly stay urban with occasional visits elsewhere that require the bigger wheels and the snow. i am hoping for an all-rounder..
thanks all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now