Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

What's baby jogger city mini like in snow?

(8 Posts)
inhibernation Wed 02-Jan-13 14:36:43

Thanks for the tip vj32 :-) I just bought the same pushchair.
My dd has Cerebral Palsy & I narrowed it down to this or the MB Swift but that one is not suitable for older/taller children.

inhibernation Fri 28-Dec-12 01:23:18

Thanks all smile I was considering the GT as well due to higher weight capacity

vj32 Wed 12-Dec-12 20:32:33

I just got a BGCM GT and haven't used it in snow, but have used it over a frozen field with fairly long grass, and it was fine. I locked the front wheel and it seemed OK. If you are thinking of the BJCM I would get a GT.
We got this one, here within 24hrs, for just over £250 (with 5% off code) fab. http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/22/22558/baby-jogger-city-mini-gt-single-stroller-(crimson-2012)/

BahSaidPaschaHumbug Wed 12-Dec-12 14:42:51

You need big squishy wheels for snow really. BJCM is fine on icy/hard surfaces but not great on mud or snow.

TreeDecoratingAndPresents Wed 12-Dec-12 14:39:44

I found mine ok actually. Locked the front wheel, as Biene says. Used it quite a bit in the snow and ice as i was worried about falling over wearing the sling and squishing dd.

BieneMaja Wed 12-Dec-12 14:36:14

Terrible. The small front wheel just gets stuck. Better if you fix the front wheel but still not great.

Tiggywunkle Sat 08-Dec-12 00:13:09

Not great. The GT should be better.

inhibernation Thu 06-Dec-12 21:58:26

Not a deal breaker but might help me in my decision making.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now