Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Tandem able to take 2 maxicosi car seats?

(18 Posts)
baileyslover Sat 17-Nov-12 09:52:51

Hi looking for a tandem which would take 2 maxicosi car seats for 2 of my triplets (will sling the 3rd!)
So far found icandy pear and peach blossom, not really sure of the difference between them? Ideally would want to pick one up second hand as don't want to spend a huge amount.

Hmm I think with tandems you may be limited, there's a few that use two car seats but not necessarily maxi cosi.

Off the top of my head as well as icandy pear and peach there's the Babyjogger City Select and possibly the Oyster Max, but that's not out yet.
I'll have a look see if there's any more

femmeaufoyer Sat 17-Nov-12 15:06:55

Obaby zynergi zoom tandem, I only know about this because my friend's expecting twins and she's planning on buying it. So I can't give you any feedback on it. Looks good though. She's getting hers from Amazon because it's a lot cheaper.

Tiggywunkle Sat 17-Nov-12 21:35:32

Go and have a wander around Best Buggy's tandem section for ideas and photos to see the differences. I think the main tandems are mentioned above. The Kolcraft Contours can be added to those above but I think the above suggestions are better.

Tiggywunkle Sat 17-Nov-12 21:37:10

The Zoom BTW has a really poor reputation for quality. Plus it's only got a 6 month warranty and O'Baby even charge you to look at it before repairing!

Gingersnap88 Mon 19-Nov-12 08:42:34

I'm pretty sure you can with the Bugaboo Donkey, I saw a women with twins in maxi cosies yesterday on a bugaboo frame (congratulations!) grin

Yes there's quite a few doubles that take maxi cosi but not as many tandems

Desiren Mon 19-Nov-12 21:45:50

Hi I've got the Icandy peach blossom (that's the one with the Crome frame) got it from eBay with maxi car seats. The pear is abit bigger and heavier also not as compact as the peach. The peach is a nice pushchair but a faff to take apart to but in your car and you need a big boot.

Tiggywunkle Wed 21-Nov-12 01:29:52

No offence Desiren, but in the land of double pushchairs, the Peach is one of the smallest! The Pear when open is a fair bit shorter than the Peach but I agree its larger folded.

Just as an aside (totally not recommended) there is a MN here who turned her City Select into a triple for 3 different aged children.

I was going to mention that tiggywunkle, i spied it on the best buggy website smile

forevergreek Wed 21-Nov-12 20:08:42

The bugaboo donkey def does but not cheap

ingse Thu 22-Nov-12 16:35:41

We got a second hand zoom from ebay for my twins. I didn't want them to be on top of each other as they would be in peach or pear. I must say, it is heavy with carrycots or seats, but for maxi cosi it is perfect- fits through isles and quite narrow doors. Twins are now 6 months and we got a lighter side by side, but we are still keeping zoom for maxis. Didnt have any issues with it apart from worn tyres...
Hope that helps smile

Desiren Sat 24-Nov-12 15:30:15

Totally agree the peach is small but for use with the car seats it's great so easy to push. Can even do it 1 handed (other had for important coffee) but now my twins are older I'm still impressed but not as much but would still recommend for car seat use.

AitchDee Sat 24-Nov-12 15:34:32

Phil & Teds Promenade. We have one for our twins and its plenty big enough for our nearly three year olds

We are about to sell it is you are interested wink

How did she do that tiggy?

Tiggywunkle Sat 24-Nov-12 21:15:17

It just needed tweaking because there's 3 sets of seat sockets on already. But it's totally not safety approved and I would never recommend it. She used it happily thoughsmile

A bit of a tangent but did anyone figure out how to do a carseat on the back of a mountain buggy plus one Tiggy?

Tiggywunkle Sun 25-Nov-12 21:21:02

No, I haven't got the adaptor to be able to try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now