Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Phil & Teds... I am clueless!

(12 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Wed 14-Nov-12 10:05:56

I'm due to have DC2 when DD will be 2.5..

She hasn't long been walking so will definitely need a double buggy. I looked an Icandy but think DD is too big for the seat already!

A bugaboo donkey just looks far too huge...

Can anyone give me some advice about Phil & teds? Which model? What's it like for a newborn? Where does your shopping / baby bag go??

I know nothing!

Thanks!

Tiggywunkle Wed 14-Nov-12 10:38:13

Don't buy a P&Ts. There's far better out there or will be! Definitely look at the iCandy Peach. My 4 year old has just stopped using it and she was fine with the seat. She's tall! The hood slides up the seat chassis and it's one of the biggest pushchair seats. Definitely look at the Babystyle Oyster Max and maybe the Micralite Twofold.

curiousgeorgie Wed 14-Nov-12 13:23:01

Isn't the icandy peach a single?

I like the look of the oyster...

EwanHoozami Wed 14-Nov-12 13:26:09

What buggy do you ahve currently? Could she cope with a buggy board on that or does she still nap in the chair? You might be able to bypass a double entirely.

P&Ts are buggery heavy.

Imsosorryalan Wed 14-Nov-12 13:37:28

Yes p&ts are heaven but I suppose it depends on if you will be walking to town etc or lifting into car all the time? I had one for my two and after buying two other double buggies previously and finding them hard to manoeuvre I was so pleased with the p&ts. You can lay the seat down flat or get a newborn attachment. You will prob. Be better of with a newborn attachment then your other dc can sit behind. I only got one later on so my youngest went in the front sitting up and older dc behind. Shopping baskets are nice and large but do have a tendency to scrape along the floor over bumps if they get damaged.

Imsosorryalan Wed 14-Nov-12 13:38:05

Oops that sohould have said * p&ts are heavy!

curiousgeorgie Wed 14-Nov-12 13:59:17

I have a bugaboo cameleon at the moment which I love!

I don't think she'll cope with a buggy board, she is still a bit unsteady on her feet and due to hyper mobility not very strong.

We are always out so she usually naps in the pram..

Also do any of these prams have a place to hang a baby bag?

Two children is certainly a minefield! smile

curiousgeorgie Wed 14-Nov-12 13:59:57

And I'll be lifting it into the car all the time...

curiousgeorgie Wed 14-Nov-12 14:01:46

I went to see a peach blossom 2 at John Lewis at the weekend but the label said peach blossom twin and the sales assistant told me they're the same thing??

I thought a peach blossom 2 had a bigger seat for a toddler but the jl sales assistant told me that's not the case, it's the baby seat that's bigger...

We love our p&t. Bought it 5 years ago so there are much better ones on the market now where they've changed some of the less well thought out bits on mine, like the clips for strapping the children in. They only take up the space of a single buggy, so are great on pavements and buses. Its great for a newborn as they lie totally flat in the cocoon, and as the seat for the cocoon lies totally flat, its great for older children to have a nap!
You can buy paniers for the p&t, you can also put lots in the shopping basket by just folding down the sides of the basket which are only held up with poppers. I either used a rucksack as a changebag, or I got a skip hop bag with handlebar clips.
Best thing we ever bought. Yes its heavy, but that wasn't a deal breaker for us.

TheBeanAndTheBee Wed 14-Nov-12 14:16:06

I hate my P&T with a passion I'm afraid! Have stick with it, as can't afford another one, but can't stand the endless punctures and flat tyres and find it awkward and heavy. Nowhere good to put your bag. Going from a bugaboo bee to a P&T was like going from driving a sports car to an HGV! I say there has to be something better out there double buggy wise. The only good thing about it is the cocoon, but that will only last you a few months...

Joiyuk Wed 14-Nov-12 14:48:20

I loved my P&T Vibe! I had the latest version of it and found it to be amazing! I bought it because it was ideal when we took the dog for a walk. My ds was so comfy in there and had plenty of space. We wanted another baby quite soon after having ds so thought we might as well buy something we could turn into a double. Then we moved to Canada so I sold my lovely pushchair to get something smaller or the flight :-( mountain buggies get good reviews, as do Nippers. It all depends what you will be doing, how much space you have etc etc. there are loads of reviews on pushchair trader, they are constantly updating them too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now