Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Going around in circles!

(16 Posts)
Diamond7 Thu 15-Nov-12 23:26:49

Haha! Thank you!

Tiggywunkle Wed 14-Nov-12 21:29:58

Hurray! Well done!

Ihateparties Wed 14-Nov-12 20:03:36

<round of applause>

I love the black one best.

Diamond7 Wed 14-Nov-12 17:26:20

Ordered!! Went all black and got JL to price match. Very excited now!

Thanks for all the help!

Tiggywunkle Wed 14-Nov-12 10:35:16

Hurray! Is it ordered?

Diamond7 Wed 14-Nov-12 07:46:07

Thanks everyone.

Going to order it today than I have to stop changing my mind!

Ihateparties Tue 13-Nov-12 22:25:23

There isn't anything to rival a bee for features and size, there just isn't. Job done. You could always get something else or six a few months down the line grin

milk Tue 13-Nov-12 20:21:44

BJCM + carrycot?

Diamond7 Tue 13-Nov-12 14:58:47

Thanks Tiggy! The yoyo looks amazing! Maybe one day but I don't think it's quite right now.

Sola out - thanks! I'm glad really.

Bee it is! Need to order it so I stop changing my mind!

Tiggywunkle Tue 13-Nov-12 01:55:07

I wouldnt rule out the Cherry - phone round and see what the delivery dates are on one.

I think I am inclined to agree with all your logic.....

BUT dont start looking at a Sola - Its one of the worst most horrible pushchairs I have tried. I also wouldn't consider a Cam or Gecko given what you have ruled out.

Another option - which TBH I think is probably the best for you - would be to get something to get you through probably the first 3 months - even if its a sling or hiding inside for 3 months (dont laugh!) and then buy yourself a Babyzen YoYo. I honestly honestly am loving mine. Yes, you wont have parent facing...but believe me mine has been the most awesomely easy to use pushchair ever.

I would personally stick with your Bee for now - I really dont think I would choose anything different in your shoes unless it was a Zapp Xtra but they aren't the best...but I have had one and I would have another....especially one of the one piece folding ones!
But DO consider a YoYo later on....

Diamond7 Mon 12-Nov-12 21:30:34

Too late for a cherry I think. Not sure why I discounted it.

I can pick up a gecko quite cheap secondhand. Mil has offered to get pushchair with my mum topping up extra so not sure can go second hand. I suppose they could put money towards something else.

More to think about.........

Ihateparties Mon 12-Nov-12 21:16:01

I absolutely would not carry the versa up or down any steps!

I did the gecko, personally just I preferred it to the bee, which was I guess my other option at that time. I stopped using the gecko when DC2 was 18m because she kept escaping (I could have added a harness) but also I guess because I was pregnant and knew I'd need a double and had nowhere to store the gecko folded or up. Also even thought it was discontinued by then I managed to come across a brand new one so there were no used aspects to deal with.

I'm not sure how heavy the neo and rider are, probably fairly knowing Jane, although the muum is light and probably carry-able up steps. Have you discounted an iCandy Cherry? I carried that all over the place.

Diamond7 Mon 12-Nov-12 20:53:26

Will look at Cruz again!

Diamond7 Mon 12-Nov-12 20:52:59

Thanks ihateparties!!

I will need to fold it quite often but not daily unless its too big for my hallway.

If I wasn't in London I think the versa would win hands down!

Hadn't thought of the concord. Will have to check dimensions/weight.

The benefit of the bee is I can carry it up and down stairs myself. We don't have step free access at my local station.

I hate decisions!!

Ihateparties Mon 12-Nov-12 20:16:40

I loooved my gecko, it felt more compact in some ways than the dimensions suggest. The fold was a faff though so if you have to fold it often (I've forgotten, since those June threads got so long what your original brief was). The Sola is easily as big as the Versa, I know they have taken them off sale but I would still go for this by a country mile over a Sola. Ditto a Bee certainly.

Look at the Cruz again? Think outside the box with maybe something like a Jane Rider or a Concord Neo (both can be had for sub £300 from the right places but carrycot obviously on top of that). Both of these are a one piece fold.

I LOVE my Versa (tiggy and I are in agreement for once) but it is on the larger side. It's the best pushchair I have had overall I think but I'm not sure it's quite right for me personally, I'm hesitant to move on from it though simply because of the longevity in seat size, basket, etc. Still vaguely hoping they do end up doing an GT wheel conversion kit, that would help me massively.

Diamond7 Mon 12-Nov-12 15:11:43

Help!!

So I'm expecting 1st DC in 6 weeks and still can't decide on a pushchair!

My original shortlist was the Uppababy Cruz, BJCM, BJ Versa, easy walker June and the bugaboo bee.

We are in London, in a flat but it's ground floor. I do drive but plan on walking too. I will also be using a sling.

I ruled out the BJCM as it doesn't parent face. The Versa as it is heavyish and widish.

THe easy walker doesn't seem ideal and is ££.

Ruled out the Cruz because of the fold and with the cost of carrycot works out the same as the bee.

So I was left with the Bee. Seems to have lots of pros but is a little rickety and quite low sit.

We decided to go with the Bee and now I'm having doubt again.

Someone has mentioned the M&P Sola? Any opinions?

Also should I be considering the Gecko? Or second hand Cam? I like that the Bee is a one piece fold and compact in a hallway.

Any advice much appreciated?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now