Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

uppababy vista - when can ds use the pushchair?

(7 Posts)
Spuddybean Mon 29-Oct-12 12:29:51

ds is very tall. he is 7 weeks old and almost touching the top of the pram. Does anyone know how old/heavy he has to be to go in the pushchair?

Milkybrew Mon 29-Oct-12 15:06:27

I think the seat unit is recommended from 6 months. It's important that young babies lay flat for spine development and being that it has a bucket type seat that won't be possible. Is he laying in the carrycot with his feet right down to the bottom edge?

Spuddybean Mon 29-Oct-12 15:34:17

yes! he's really tall/long. everyone comments. he's not even 7 weeks till weds. i don't think he'll be in the bassinet for more than two weeks more. we've had to take the padding out of the car seat too as his legs dangle so far out. confused

Tiggywunkle Mon 29-Oct-12 21:18:56

I am sure my 14ish month old fitted in the carrycot still! Its not a small carrycot! I honestly would persist with it. There isn't meant to be much space and babies bend knees and arms if they fill the space and are still comfy.

Tiggywunkle Mon 29-Oct-12 21:19:48

Just to add babies feet will dangle out of the car seat. That's the nature of their design smile

fairimum Mon 05-Nov-12 23:20:10

their snugseat insert has a wedge in it to make the pushchair seat flatter!
http://www.uppababy.co.uk/Snug-seat.html

in the US they say the seat can be used from birth with the insert!

Loupee Thu 08-Nov-12 15:51:05

I have the Vista, and a looooooong 3 month old boy. I got the snug seat as part of the package, so he has been in the pushchair for a few weeks now. His head was touching the top of the carrycot while his feet were against the bottom. The snug seat insert is fab, and with the cosy toes it is super snuggly. He is so much happier like this, enjoys looking about and such.
Although I do bear in mind that being flat is better for him, and try and make sure I don't keep him in the buggy longer than I need to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now