Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Easywalker June

(73 Posts)
commotionintheocean Wed 03-Oct-12 23:50:00

Has anyone managed to get their hands on one of these? How is it?
I ordered one two weeks ago and it is yet to make it to the uk, so don't know when it will reach me.
I often wake (get woken) up in the night and wonder why I have spent so much on a pushchair. Hope it lives upto expectation.

mummysmellsofsick Sat 22-Dec-12 19:23:25

I've made a scoot discussion thread. Come on over I'm feeling like a lone scooter wink

mummysmellsofsick Sat 22-Dec-12 17:25:45

I'm really happy to hear it compares well to the bee. Had been wondering if I should have got a bee. Let me know how it compares to the bee in kerb mounting!

Tiggywunkle Sat 22-Dec-12 15:23:11

First impressions of the Scoot are excellent.....huge seat, big hood, tall handle, big basket, great folded in either direction - fab small fold and light to carry. The active position seems fine for us but I will know more after using it for a while. Huge harness - I do wonder if it could be too big for small babies. I think the wheels let it down hugely because IRL the chassis doesn't look too plasticky but the wheels DO look cheap and plastic! It would have been a lovely touch if they had been slighly rubberised in some way. It handled great with my eldest on board which I didn't expect. But I will get it out on the road after Christmas and see how we get on with it IRL. My only negative really to date is that the footrest is a complete and utter PITA to swap around. I struggled to find the holes in the chassis, and then the screw pull things mean you have both hands engaged whilst trying to line each side up with the hole and then you have to release them - not as easy as it sounds! Having to lift the seat up is a bit fiddly too.

I actually think that the Scoot would be a fab option for anyone living upstairs who wants a reasonably substantial pushchair. I think this is the first pushchair that I think could come close to winning a chunk of the Bee market.....I am now ready to sell my Bee because the Scoot is probably better and is STURDY as well!!!

misdee Sat 22-Dec-12 12:08:31

Lusting over a scoot, but the crusi would suit us better as still very much using doubles.

But with a vista otw, a nipper double, p+t and graco in use, I can't justify yet another double ( wont mention the singles stuffed away for 2 yeas time)

mummysmellsofsick Fri 21-Dec-12 20:08:18

Oh no Tiggy now I feel bad if my critical comments made you sad! You might love it, my DS definitely does which is the only thing I care about. It looks super cool that's for sure.

Tiggywunkle Thu 20-Dec-12 22:16:00

Maybe we do need a scoot thread. I am not liking the sound of the reclined active position or the handling sad
I am having a new one sent out tomorrow but it may not arrive now until Thursday sad

mummysmellsofsick Thu 20-Dec-12 18:18:57

After another day of scooting I'm finding DS massively comfortable and happy in it, quite a revelation as he's never liked a buggy before. But I'd say the handling isn't as good as I'd have hoped for that price and I'm starting to wonder if the active position is a bit too reclined. Worth it for me though to have something he'll travel happily in! I think it's the height that he likes, he can really talk to me in it and knows I'm close. Hope yours arrives before Christmas tiggy let me know what you think! Maybe we should start a scoot thread

mummysmellsofsick Thu 20-Dec-12 18:14:32

Ha ha how many do you have really? You must be the resident mumsnet buggy guru. I had no idea to whom I was speaking!

Tiggywunkle Thu 20-Dec-12 16:48:11

...and...errm....another....errrrm.....good few.....hidden away. DH thinks I only have 4 hmm The Scoot is still missing!!

mummysmellsofsick Wed 19-Dec-12 23:45:15

Just read whole thread... tiggy you have a bee a June and a scoot! envy interesting to read about the kerb problem with the June as well. I think I will have to resign myself to always having pram envy over some feature or other!

mummysmellsofsick Wed 19-Dec-12 23:20:49

Hope you like yours. I'd have gone for a bee they seem to do everything so well, and the handling is wonderful, but I think they look a bit odd, a bit too much like my nan's wheelchair! Much prefer the scoot's looks and it's a bit higher too. The kerb problem is manageable you can stick your foot on the bar by the brake to lever it, although that's not ideal if you're in a hurry to get off the road! was tempted by the June too hence my lurking on this thread!

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Dec-12 21:54:39

Just to add re No2. Its an issue definitely with the June. It is not with the Bee or even anything else I have used RF.

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Dec-12 21:53:53

My Scoot should have been delivered today....but has gone to the wrong house sad(
So its interesting to read what you think of it.

mummysmellsofsick Wed 19-Dec-12 20:35:14

I know this is a June thread but those of you asking about the scoot, I bought one, and like it a lot. I would say fine from newborn, the lie flat position is flat enough for a tiny baby, and my 1 yo is happy with the 'active position. He loves being high and parent facing. Downsides are:

1. Rear facing fold isn't as easy as ff fold
2. Handling is pretty good but it struggles a bit more than I'm used to with kerbs and is difficult to tip to lift the front wheels onto a kerb. I've never had a rear facer before so this might be normal, the weight is much further forward when rear facing so it would inevitably make lifting the front wheels harder. Don't know if anyone can tell me if this a problem with the bee or the June?

3. No fixed footmuff! I'd love one that wasn't split leg that would attach to the seat not the harness.

4. Not sure if it would fit a tall 3 yo... Time will tell...

Other than that v happy and miles better for DS than our old ff umbrella fold which he hated smile

Tiggywunkle Sat 08-Dec-12 00:15:36

Someone had a look at unblocking the hole and said they didnt think it could be done. Let me know if you manage it.
The problem with reclining the seat to fold is that you lose the "memory" fold which should mean the seat opens in the last position you left it in. But I couldn't bear the "crunching" noise as it folded flat.
I agree that a fold strap is a must.

commotionintheocean Thu 06-Dec-12 21:01:56

Yes, it's great FF, but I specifically bought it for the RF option! I had to change it to FF this week in the icy conditions, as it was just impossible with toddler in tow. I had noticed using the recline button helps to fold! How can a lock be an added extra? Surely it's a must, I may just try a Velcro strap for now.
As yet, we have not tried to unblock the 'upright hole', bit worried about invalidating the warranty, but really tempted to try as my daughter loves to be upright and looking around, hmm. Will let you know.

Tiggywunkle Fri 23-Nov-12 01:31:39

I am also intrigued why it doesn't sit upright because I knew the demo model was fairly upright and its been puzzling me. I noticed the other setting and it also makes a pointed remark in the instructions about there only being 3 recline settings. I didn't spot that it may be possible to get the hole unblocked, and would be interested to hear if your DH does it.

There is a lock - but its an added extra - but it DOES help! However it also pings off fairly easily too as its simply threaded through the basket attachment holes.

Its interesting that the bumper bar doesn't fit RF...I haven't tried mine on yet.

Have you tried using it FF because it really is a different animal!!! I can't get over the difference. I can also fold easily RF but I struggle to fold FF unless I take the seat off!

I also find using the recline button when folding makes the chassis fold flatter.

I dont like that the velcro on the harness is making the liner bobble sad

I think its a great pushchair, I just dont know whether I could recommend to someone who has had some pushchair experience IYKWIM. I think a first time mum could get frustrated with it.

But I love it - I think the dinky size helps. Its non fussy. I love that the hood slides away which makes it look less babyish. I probably said all this above...but I DO love the June. Its very much my type of pushchair.

commotionintheocean Thu 22-Nov-12 22:25:35

I've been using the June for about 5 weeks now, country and city, FF and RF. I completely agree with everything that Parties and Tiggy have said.
My biggest disappointment is the handling when RF. I just cannot hold my toddlers hand and control pushchair with one hand with baby in. (I've had to get a wrist strap!) Other niggles, it doesn't sit anywhere near to 90 degrees, although if you look closely, it was designed to, but that setting has been blocked, my husband is considering taking out a small bit of plastic, so it will go upright. (I just wonder why it has been blocked!)
I'm used to the fold now (it's a bit tricky), very annoying that there is no lock as it tends to unfold when lifting into car boot. Also at the moment I've got a footmuff in, which means it doesn't fold as well!
The bump bar doesn't fit when RF. Also not sure it will work with a buggy board.

However, I love the dinky size. It fit's through our half door, with all other pushchairs we've had to open second door or fold. It does fold in one, FF or RF, it leaves plenty of space in my boot (VW Golf). The wheels are fab over rough ground. The hood is very neat. My kids seem very happy in it. Handle height very adjustable, fine for mine and husbands considerable height difference. It's versatile in that we've used it through fields, on the beach, and also for the nursery run. I'm happy lifting in and out of boot four times in a morning and my daughter is happy sitting in it for long periods.

It's getting close to my ideal pushchair, if only the handling was as good RF. Definitely worth a try before buy. A good all rounder, but not perfect!

Diamond7 Sun 04-Nov-12 08:41:21

Thanks Tiggy!!

Think we're getting the bee for now maybe a June in a few years.

As a note the June is now stocked by peppermints in London.

Tiggywunkle Tue 30-Oct-12 09:17:55

Hurray!
Just to add, I am a couple of weeks into using the June now. I have a love / hate relationship with it. I adore the looks, the seat, the way the hood tucks away especially to put my sleeping son into the seat from the car. The basket access isn't the best but my handbag plus a Bugaboo organiser fits and coats tuck in around. The fold Parent facing is much easier than FF because you can do it from the back. FF I have to do from the front. I didn't like the way the June had no fold lock on it because it flapped and unfolded, but I now have one and it's made a huge difference not least to storing.
I was struggling with the handling RF. it's hard to get up kerbs - I can do it but I am used to lifting heavy doubles up kerbs. But it was more straight pushing that was my issue. It was tippy at times, a two handed push most of the time and wasn't as responsive as I would have liked especially in shops. I checked the tyres but it made no difference. I will admit I was feeling frustrated. I loved the looks, neat fold but wasn't enjoying pushing.
So this week I turned the seat around - DS usually cries when he can't see me but thankfully he has been fine so far. And with the seat FF it's a different pushchair!!!!! I can push it one handed!! It's still not highly manoeuvrable but the handling, weaving in and out feels much better. In fact I can't work out why it's so much better...it's really weird!
The June has probably been fortunate with me because the looks, seat, hood all appealed and I loved this side of it and I really wanted it to work. I had got to the point RF where I was really fed up though.
I will try RF again next week and see if having used it for a week FF helps....
Just to add i have a Bugaboo Bee which I also have a love / hate relationship with and that's stayed just because I can see the benefits. It's kind of the same with the June. I can see the benefits and just have to work out if I can put up with the rest.
I have other minor niggles and other plus points but I don't have time now.
I am not entirely sure I would sell a June to a first time parent as a standard option. I think you have to have a reason for a June whether it's looks, accessibility, air tyres, small fold etc. - it ticks huge boxes for me on all these counts hence the handling being my compromise! Let's hope it gets better as I get more familiar with it!

DeeDee77 Sun 28-Oct-12 07:14:08

London mums - I went to the Baby Show at Earls Court yesterday and found out that Peppermint are shortly going to be stocking EasyWalker, so there will soon be a stockist in London! Hurray!smile

Tiggywunkle Thu 18-Oct-12 16:57:05

No I dont know commotion....I dont believe so, but Easywalker are usually good at producing their own boards.

minipie Thu 18-Oct-12 15:47:15

Diamond and others looking to see the June in London - I have just had an email from Easywalker, they are going to be at the Baby show at Earls Court at the end of October (booth D76 opposite Peppermint, apparently).

commotionintheocean Tue 16-Oct-12 10:53:57

Tiggy, do you know if a buggy board fits on the June?

Diamond7 Mon 15-Oct-12 20:34:34

The scoot does look nice but it doesn't look like it's from newborn.

GOing to compare the Cruz and Bee at the weekend then I'll make a decision, driving myself mad, never mind my DH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now