Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Easywalker June

(73 Posts)
commotionintheocean Wed 03-Oct-12 23:50:00

Has anyone managed to get their hands on one of these? How is it?
I ordered one two weeks ago and it is yet to make it to the uk, so don't know when it will reach me.
I often wake (get woken) up in the night and wonder why I have spent so much on a pushchair. Hope it lives upto expectation.

minipie Fri 12-Oct-12 15:30:38

Bumping this as a bird tells me Tiggy has her June... smile

What are your thoughts Tiggy?

Diamond7 Fri 12-Oct-12 16:36:28

Tiggy??????

Diamond7 Fri 12-Oct-12 20:37:52

Tiggy, you too busy having fun with your June?

Tiggywunkle Sat 13-Oct-12 09:06:41

Sorry I am here but in my phone so a quickie for now. My June arrived yesterday so these are first impressions after a quick use. I love it though! It's cute and dinky and more 'grown up' for an older toddler. I love how it looks so unfussy. However unfussy doesn't mean easy to use. The seat is a bit diddly to change round. The first time I was a bit 'errm' but I have swapped it round several times since in seconds. Once you know the order to do things in then it's fine. Plus how often in reality do you swap a seat around?
The big flaw is that the June is difficult to get up kerbs parent facing. Forward facing is no bother at all and the lovely openness when the hood is tucked away means you and your child still feel close. But I used to have a City Select and I don't think the June is as bad as that even with a heavy four year old in. Yes it would bother if you do a lot of kerbs but we don't tend to meet kerbs - we have lots of dropped kerbs and use shopping centres. But yesterday the June was going up 1-2 inch kerbs without stopping whereas other pushchairs would have stopped dead so for rough pavements it would be fab. I don't know what the stats are like but the June just feels a lot smaller than the Versa.
The fold was no problem parent facing. In fact I haven't tried it forward facing yet. The only other negative I can see is that I haven't yet found an autolock or storage lock which is making the June flappy to carry - no problem to roll along though. But I need to see if a bit of Velcro could secure it from 'flapping' open or even if there is a secret strap...
But I love it. I need to get out with it more before I recommend it or not though. But right now I really like it. It's like a sturdy Bee which is what I hoped for.

minipie Sat 13-Oct-12 09:33:21

Thanks Tiggy! Argh a sturdy Bee is just what I would love too! But I have kerbs all over the place, hardly any dropped ones. Think it still has to be a no for me... But glad you love it so far!

commotionintheocean Sat 13-Oct-12 11:49:24

Ah Tiggy, sounds great. I hope mine is on it's way, so we can test it out in Pembrokshire next week. Fingers crossed.

Ihateparties Sat 13-Oct-12 19:30:07

Tiggy I am glad we agree!

I was starting to feel distinctly pointless since I wrote almost precisely what you have written above but in a slightly different order when I saw the June last week yet everyone only seemed to want to hear what you though! :-/

We have a million kerbs. Which is a pain cos the other bit... the rough pavement, cobbles etc. We also have masses of. Bother.

Diamond7 Sat 13-Oct-12 20:12:43

Ihateparties - You aren't pointless. Your review was fab but everyone picks up on different things and has different preferences so I needed another review. It's stressful to consider buying a pushchair, esp an expensive one without seeing one. I think I also hoped Tiggy would miraculously say it tips easy in parent facing.

Tiggy thanks for your review. What did you think of the basket?

Ihateparties Sat 13-Oct-12 20:30:38

Ah.. now Tiggy is great at filling a basket.. this I want to hear too. You are right about a couple of reviews though, that's just sensible. If only it did bloody tip easily angry Diamond are you tall? I was considering maxing out the handle as it's easier to tip like that... still maybe not easy. Tiggy can you try this please!?!

Also it's interesting it tips easily forward facing <considers extremely expensive forward facing air tyre stroller concept>

Diamond7 Sat 13-Oct-12 20:56:54

I'm tallish. Just over 5.7. I think what twiggy said was interesting - I'd prefer easier on rough pavements and not so great on kerbs. The Bee annoys me as it gets caught on even the smallest cracks in the pavement.

I'm in London so with a bit a 'planning' there are plenty of drop kerbs to use. It would be good to have a pushchair that tips easily to get on to trains/bus but if the weight is reasonable enough I can just pick it up.

Ihateparties Sat 13-Oct-12 21:04:44

I think it probably wouldn't be too hard to pick the whole thing up to go on the trains or bus, there are several trains stations with big old gaps between platform and train from memory, unless everything has been madly updated in the past 4 years (possible what with the olympics and all). Another thing I should have tried cos that is something I do too on occasion.

I must say if I was looking for DC1 I would probably be ignoring this issue, as didn't have any other crazy children on foot to worry about back then so could find nice dropped kerb etc. Nowadays I need whatever I have just to behave itself at all times with no funny business with curbs, cracks in pavement etc. lest I lose the older two whilst I'm faffing about trying to tip something!

Tiggywunkle Sat 13-Oct-12 23:03:27

PII think the June would be fab on cobbles, cracked pavements etc. unlike the Bee which gets stuck on anything and everything.
I wanted to take the June out on a big run today to the shops but I remembered literally at the last minute that we had a go kart to pick up...so it had to be taken out again to keep the boot free. I was gutted sad
The basket seems on the smaller side...but I won't know really until I try to stuff things in what it's like. So bear with me. I have asked DH (the ultimate critic) to try it out tomorrow.) I have the handle high anyway. I will play more tomorrow as we have been out all day today.

minipie Sun 14-Oct-12 18:01:30

Gah I've just ordered a Bee and come back to see all these comments about it getting stuck on pavements! I am just going to go lalalalala and pretend I didn't see as am otherwise happy with the decision...

Tiggy has put some comments about the june basket on the other thread called "my short list and research".

Tiggywunkle Sun 14-Oct-12 18:48:57

I have played more today.
Tipping the pushchair up with my two year old in (I think approx 12kgs) wasn't easy from standing but if you are walking and tips you approach then it was fine. I can reasonably ok tip the June from standing but I am used to tipping heavy tandems and DH reckons I have strong arm muscles as he was struggling. So I will say its not easy but I personally have no real issues...but others will.
More of an issue for me is that the larger wheels mean that the June doesn't swIvel on the spot. The wheels themselves have a small turning circle to wiggle round. It's a little frustrating when you stop and then need to go again. This is something seen often on off roaders with bigger wheels but also I found it on the iCandy Pear. I prefer a pushchair that I can spin around on the spot.
The seat parent facing is more reclined than I would like. Some children would hate it. My two are used to the Nipper seats and both love being semi reclined. My son was so comfy that he had his legs crossed for a chunk of time. My eldest who is pretty vocal, loves it. But I am sure the seat was more upright on the demo models.,
I will be honest and say that I don't think the June is necessarily a pushchair suitable for everyone. I think if you meet a set of criteria especially wanting some mild off road or rough pavements or have an older child who still needs a pushchair then it's more 'grown up' than most pushchairs. Its not the easiest pushchair I have used but i think will be appreciated by those who need it. The fold away hood is fabulous. My favourite feature. I still just love the looks and neatness. It's pretty neat folded too. I have wedged it stood up.

Diamond7 Sun 14-Oct-12 18:52:53

Mini - my friend had the bee and loves it. Only times she's had problems is on cobbles.

Tiggy - how did your day with the June go? Is the tip do bad I would only ever want drop kerbs?

Diamond7 Sun 14-Oct-12 19:12:57

Missed your post Tiggy.

Thanks for the comprehensive review. Got some major thinking to do. Wondering about getting Bee with possibility of changing for a June at some point. With the carry cot being £150 for the June I could miss thus stage and prob sell on the Bee for no major loss.

Tiggy if it was between the Bee and the Cruz which would you go for?

I want lighting weight, narrowish, reasonable size basket. I'm not sure what else I want/need as this is my first......

Diamond7 Sun 14-Oct-12 19:14:49

Or should I just get a June?

Tiggywunkle Sun 14-Oct-12 20:04:36

Bee and Cruz - hmm Bee if I fold a lot and pavements are good. Cruz for more uneven terrain and if I didn't need to lift it into a car or house. Cruz freestands easily. I like the Bee apart from the wobbliness TBH. The Cruz is easy to use. Difficult but I guess because I kept the Bee and was happy to sell the Cruz says it all.

Diamond7 Mon 15-Oct-12 15:54:01

My gut says Bee but I do keep thinking of the June. But with carry cot it's £690 which is a lot.

Really wish I could see a June in person.

Ihateparties Mon 15-Oct-12 18:06:47

It's so daft nowhere in london have them. Diamond have you seen the stokke scoot? It doesn't have dimensions on here but I'm sure I read somewhere it is in the region of 50cm wide, which would be fab for public transport and the seat is high. I don't know whether it folds parent facing though. Video here grin

minipie Mon 15-Oct-12 20:02:03

Ooh the Scoot does look good *parties! Dimensions here - looks like it's 54 cm wide which is great. And a very easily accessible basket and one handed fold.

3 possible downsides - 1) only 2 seat positions, very reclined or 'active' which is upright but not fully so. 2) a little heavy at 10.4 kilos, but then that's not much more than the June or Cruz. 3) no carrycot option as far as I can tell? As you can probably tell, I am trying to pick holes in it because I've just ordered a Bee! grin

minipie Mon 15-Oct-12 20:13:07

In fact looking at the stokke site I'm not sure the scoot is even suitable from birth? It doesn't say so, unlike the info for the Crusi (which is a lot bigger and heavier and v expensive). I wonder if the scoot is intended more for older babies and toddlers?

<reminds self to step away from the pushchair research>

Ihateparties Mon 15-Oct-12 20:29:36

Ha Ha uh oh, have we drawn you in? It's a slippery slope grin
I don't know what age it's suitable from and the recline looks a bit um... odd. I just thought it's another sneaky little option for londoners.

Diamond7 Mon 15-Oct-12 20:34:34

The scoot does look nice but it doesn't look like it's from newborn.

GOing to compare the Cruz and Bee at the weekend then I'll make a decision, driving myself mad, never mind my DH.

commotionintheocean Tue 16-Oct-12 10:53:57

Tiggy, do you know if a buggy board fits on the June?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now