Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

njoy bubble or city mini 4 as 2nd pushchair from birth

(22 Posts)
peanutMD Thu 27-Sep-12 20:55:21

Definately Tiggy I remember that being a major thing for me last time.

For all people moan about the lack of lock on the bjcm fold it always made it easy to flick open.

I dunnoe why I even bothered looking at anything else because I always swore if I had another DC I would get the bjcm straight away as last time I didn't find it until DS was almost 3 and wasted money in a few shoddy pushchairs... Maclaren XT and Jane Energy this is aimed at you!! grin

Tiggywunkle Thu 27-Sep-12 17:22:27

One minor point - you can fold the BJCM with some stuff in the shopping basket and in the mesh pocket - not tons - but it might be useful to know because removing "stuff" to fold is a bug bear of mine and I think if I were getting the bus it would annoy me!

Ihateparties Thu 27-Sep-12 13:30:46

That's true, the agile is more difficult to unfold whilst holding a baby. That counts the bee out too I think (but not totally sure). If you're gonna need to fold it often in those type of situations then the simplicity wins out.

peanutMD Thu 27-Sep-12 10:44:01

Think I might just look into a used bjcm 3/4 as I loved it last time.

I was going to go for the Agile but it looks difficult to open whilst holding a baby which kind of defeats the purpose IMHO.

Thanks for all your help smile

Ihateparties Wed 26-Sep-12 23:55:20

Hypatia it was you... I couldn't remember your id!

Again I reckon don't discount the agile purely on the seating position thing as it's easily fixed if you even encounter the problem with your particular child. It's very nice to push and has more suspension than the BJ. Incidentally I also have an xtreet as mentioned above, it's a 47cm wide miracle in non umbrella fold clothing. But it's suitable from 6 months. Bah.

I agree re the old bee though, worth looking around for.

HypatiaTheProcrastinator Wed 26-Sep-12 23:04:00

I had a B-Mobile. In general, I'd say it's a great pushchair but the downsides were the width and the small hood. These are the only reasons I sold it. If you're getting public transport, think about how wide the pushchair sections are. On my local buses, the gap is 102cm to fit two pushchairs if a wheelchair user gets on and fills the other gap. If you're using a 62cm wide pushchair (like the BJCM and B-Mobile approximately) then you won't fit next to another pushchair unless you leave it sticking out into the aisle quite a bit. I'd be looking for something narrow like a B-Agile, Babyhome Emotion Xtreet or Bugaboo Bee (maybe the old one).

peanutMD Wed 26-Sep-12 20:37:17

Is the pushchair chat/shed not going anymore?

I used to love that thread when I was buying for ds, haven't seen any of the old faces around either funnily enough.

Although I name changed so perhaps they have too.

peanutMD Wed 26-Sep-12 20:35:22

grin I shall wait with baited breath

Ihateparties Wed 26-Sep-12 20:00:02

Someone has... I've forgotten who. <wanders off thinking.. hopefully to return with answer soon>

peanutMD Wed 26-Sep-12 19:40:45

Have any I'd you tried the britax b mobile?

Tiggywunkle Wed 26-Sep-12 13:03:08

The petite Zia or Graco soft cots are often used in the BJCM...I used a Bugaboo cocoon which went from pushchair to pushchair. It lasted nearly a year which was pretty good for a big baby.

peanutMD Wed 26-Sep-12 09:55:50

I'm not sure it'd be worth it Tribble.

I have a padded footmuff for bigger pushchair so I think I could use that when using the BJCM but it wouldn't be that often more of a just incase IYSWIM.

TribbleTuckandDismount Wed 26-Sep-12 09:47:53

If you got a CM4 could you get a cocoon to pad it out until the baby is a bit bigger?

peanutMD Wed 26-Sep-12 09:46:29

thanks ladies grin

I knew I'd read something about the weird suede fabric on the agile.

might keep looking for something else but fall back on the bjcm, wish I'd never sold my bjcm3 now, was the £65 Argos one who'd have guessed they rocket so much?!

Well be sure to look out for the 2011 model thigh as I hear bad things about 2012 too.

So glad I bought a second hand big pushchair as it helps me feel less guilty about a shiny new compact fold grin

Tiggywunkle Wed 26-Sep-12 00:23:33

Oh yes...the red was awful.....mine was filthy within 5 mins of unpacking!!!
I had the B-agile at the same time as the BJCM and my toddler was better in the B-Agile but the baby, without question was better in the BJCM...much more comfy and no slumping. Same child, on the same day...I sold the B-Agile! That and the handle was a tad low for me. Everything else was great, probably better in places on the B-Agile....but my children have to look comfy to the eye and my baby wasn't in the B-Agile.

Ihateparties Tue 25-Sep-12 23:36:58

Tiggy had the red one and yes, dusty. I had the black and the material is completely different - no dust. Mine was pristine when it went (because it was impossible with a buggyboard and seat fabric on, whereas it worked with the carrycot and board).
The seat thing is hard to define, I felt that it was only because it doesn't come quite upright. I had all 3 kids in it at various different times to try and work out exactly what it was. Only the baby was a bit slumpy, she does do it on purpose though in most pushchairs confused. Toddler was fine, preschooler was fine although I didn't push him.
I ummed and ahhed for ages over which to go for - bjcm or b agile, in the end I didn't have the cash for the bjcm4 and wanted 4 wheels and the full size britax carrycot. Found the seat to be easily fixed but equally I suppose it might drive someone else mad.

peanutMD Tue 25-Sep-12 23:18:41

We dint have a car seat a we used a borrowed one for DS who is now 6yo so my mum is going to get that.

I don't actually drive so it really won't get used that often tbh its just for emergencies and the odd shopping trip or visiting family so don't think I could justify a maxi cosi, is this the only seat that fits on the city mini 4?

I like the Agile but the seating thing really put me off and I remember reading somewhere that the material is hard to keep clean and attracts dust.

Would you say this is the case?

Ihateparties Tue 25-Sep-12 19:58:50

Don't get it if you can't stand them, it's very very umbrella-y!
Britax b agile is cheaper than city mini 4, v similar (tiggy has grumble about the seating position/slump, I just fixed mine with some velcro grin) However if you already have a maxi cosi not a britax seat it's probably a no go.
I may have ahem... imported this from china for £275 to get a 50cm wide life flat pf not stroller cos apart from the blummin bee you just can't get ANYTHING compact accepted that you can't have everything you want smile

peanutMD Tue 25-Sep-12 18:58:34

I can't stand umbrella folds but like the small rear facing options...

Thinking bjcm 4 with car seat adapter (fire the rare occasion we need) but I guess it would be handy.

Ihateparties Tue 25-Sep-12 18:38:05

If you like an umbrella fold generally then the bubble seems pretty good, I saw one in a shop recently (having only previously seen at trade show) and it lies a lot flatter than I remembered. A footmuff will be an absolute must though for a newborn and I'm not sure how that will affect the fold? Can you go see one somewhere?

milk Tue 25-Sep-12 16:02:50

I have no idea about the Petite star Zia4+ but for £89.99 (+£2 P&P) it looks like it is worth looking into smile

peanutMD Tue 25-Sep-12 15:17:31

Main use will be public transport as I have a large pushchair for walking.

Like the idea if RF bubble but my main pushchair is RF so probably not vital.

I loved my city mini 3 because if the simple fold but not sure it'd be the comfiest for a newborn.

Any thoughts? Dont have money for a Bee but have looked at the Streety plus which looks good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now